"Rachel Suns Tour of France Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Tours by rachel_sun

Tours Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 613 photos

This page is about my nine day car tour of France.I left norfolk,England on Saturday morning and caught the Hoverspeed boat from Dover To Calais about 11am.We arrived in France at 12 noon.France is an hour ahead,so i adjusted my watch to 1 pm.We drove all the way down to the South Of France and Saw Montpellier and Cannes and then we drove back up France through the Alps.

The scenery here was stunning and i plan to go back next year.I miss sitting outside,listening to the crickets,sipping a glass of French wine and picnicing on the beautiful cakes-pizza slices and french stick rolls.We then stopped about half way up France for one night and on the last day,i got a boot load full of wine to take home with me.

The trip was a eye opener and i saw lots of lovely little French villages that time forgot and i also saw some big noisy cities(Cannes,Montpellier)that were very nice too.The food was some of the best ive ever tasted and the wine,well,yummy.

I enjoyed going to Champagne and tasting the beautiful different types of champagne.The tour of the huge tunnels under Mercier Champagne House was fasinating too.They went as far as the eye could see.I bought a bottle home with me and im going to crack it open on New Years Eve.I cannot Wait.

I enjoyed the trip,but i warn you,your bum will be numb for weeks afterwards.I think in total we travelled 2000 miles in nine days.I will add my pics now and info and tips shortly.

• Pros:France is huge and has beautiful scenery,weather,food
  • Cons:No cons,just wish i could visit more often
  • In a nutshell:France has everything,beaches,mountains,great weather,food
  • Last visit to Tours: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2002

• Oct 14, 2005 at 10:59 AM

Nice hotel info Rachel, and just in case I happen not to be online on your birthday......Have a great one! Wishing you only the best for the future.

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 5:14 PM

Hahaha I wish you wouldn't interupt me when I'm reading your pages.lol.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2004 at 12:22 AM

the tour looks great, we want to do it one day!

• binnie's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Gorgeous photos, we went to France a few years ago to follow The Tour De France.

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2003 at 8:59 AM

Lovely tour through France Tours page!!! Aptly selected title!!! Great pics and tips!!! Hope you get your own yacht soon!!!

• Pierre_Rouss's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 11:05 PM

Neat destination to post a tour de France!!

• Braveheart.southafrr's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2003 at 10:17 AM

i would luv to go to cannes one day when iam older,.great tips rachel ...kenneth

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2003 at 12:08 PM

Not only are the pictures wonderful but you have some fascinating history also included. Great page.

• omran's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 1:34 PM

Great tip's as always rachel and very nice pic`s : )

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2003 at 4:16 AM

Travellers never take a Tour... (-; (there are some exceptions, though)

rachel_sun

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Badges & Stats in Tours