"Macedonia" FYR of Macedonia by bmyluv831

FYR of Macedonia Travel Guide: 3,232 reviews and 11,694 photos

Meeting Internet Friends For Life

In July of 2009 I decided to take a trip to visit a friend who I met online & chatted with for over a year. It was finally time to meet my friend in person.

Ohrid Lake

When I arrived in Macedonia I relaxed for the evening. The next morning we took a 2 hour road trip to a Beautiful place called Ohrid Lake. Here we visited several Historical churches, and a Beautiful fort which over looked all of lake Ohrid.
Lake Ohrid is the oldest lake in Europe border between Macedonia and the Republic of Albania
Tsar samoils fortress ~is a fortress in the old part of Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, called the Ohrid Kale

Skopje

The friend I went to visit lives in the center of the capital of Macedonia Skopje...
The city developed rapidly after World War II. In 1963 Skopje was hit by tragedy a disastrous earthquake which destroyed the beautiful city. Today Skopje is a modern city with a wide range of cultural monuments.
While I was there we went to several beautiful churches, visited the fort in the center of the city & also visited the train Museum where you can learn all about the destruction of the Earthquake, and how Skopje was re built.

• Pros:This trip was a wonderful learning expirence of, History..
  • Cons:Dont drink the water .. Unless it's bottled
  • Last visit to FYR of Macedonia: Jul 2009
  • Intro Written Dec 11, 2009

Comments

bmyluv831

“See the World Through You Own Eyes !!!!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in FYR of Macedonia

Have you been to FYR of Macedonia?

Latest Activity in FYR of Macedonia