"Incredible India" RakeshKapadnis's Profile

Namaste world.

“The simple and astonishing truth about India and Indian people is that when you go there, and deal with them, your heart always guides you more wisely than your head. There’s nowhere else in the world where that’s quite so true."

'The Indians are the Italians of Asia,' Didier pronounced with a sage and mischievous grin. 'It can be said, certainly, with equal justice, that the Italians are the Indians of Europe, but you do understand me, I think. There is so much Italian in the Indians, and so much Indian in the Italians. They are both people of the Madonna - they demand a goddess, even if the religion does not provide one. Every man in both countries is a singer when he is happy, and every woman is a dancer when she walks to the shop at the corner. For them, food is music inside the body, and music is food inside the heart. The language of India and the language of Italy, they make every man a poet, and make something beautiful from every banalite. These are nations where love - amore, pyaar - makes a cavalier of a Borsalino on a street corner, and makes a princess of a peasant girl, if only for a second that her eyes meet yours. It is the secret of my love for India, Lin, that my first great love was Italian.'
(Both taken from Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.)

Hi thanks for stopping by me. I am Rakesh Kapadnis living in Mumbai, India.I am an Electronics Engineer by profession working for Municipal Council Of Greater Mumbai. The travel bug bite me after finishing my university studies. Though I have been to many parts of India, I have just started exploring world. But its my resolution to visit at least one country each year. in 2009 I have been to Thailand with my office group & felt in love with this beautiful country. At pressent I am planning for Maldives & Srilanka.
My hobbies are travelling, reading, watching travel related TV programmes. I came to know recently about VT & I have become a great fan of it.
As all of you know, India is a gr8 country of many religions, cultures, languages. It is one of the oldest civilisation in the world having different food habbits. You can see sunkissed beaches, snowcapped mountains, some of the highest peaks in world, deserts, great rivers....The list is endless.
We are very hospitable & friendly people. So come, visit Incredible India & you will definitely fall in love with us.

Dont be surprised. That's me only. Though I come from the state of Maharashtra I am a strong devotee of Lord Ayyappa in Kerala, South India.
I am a simple, god fearing Hindu guy.

Motorcycle Diaries

I am a hardcore biker. Biking is my passion. I just love to wander on bikes. Currently I am having two beauty queens, a Yamaha & a Kawasaki. Matheran in India is my favourite biking destination. You can find more information on my Matheran page. Oneday I would like to become a monk & set out in the persuit of Buddha's footprints from its origin India to wherever the religion has spread -Nepal, Burma, Indochaina, China, Thailand.....
Of course on bike.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the
ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade
winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Books I read

"The world is like a book & those who dont travell read only a page"
- Saint Augistine
I can spend my whole life just travelling & reading. In fact a book is a good companion on a tour. Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist is the most favourite of mine. Everybody going through a bad phase in life should read this book & he will get the answers to all of his problems. Khaled Hosseini's The kite runner, a thousand splendid suns, Pauo's Brida... The list is endless.

Kokan, Maharashtra

Kokan comes under the same administrative region of Mumbai. It covers a coastal area from Mumbai to Sindhudurga (bordering Goa). Though Kokan is not as flashy as its neighbour Goa, one can find the same natural beauty here. Many sunkissed pristine beaches, temples, green hills are the main attractions of it. People here are very simple & hospitable. Kokani food is one of the best in India. Seafood lovers can imagine they are in paradise. So Welcome to Kokan.

Thailand

This year I visited Thailand with my office colleagues. We visited Pattayya, Koh Samui, Phuket & Bangkok. We loved all these places. We enjoyed different water sports, shopping & the world famous Thai cusines. Each of the above destinations has its uniqueness.
Thai people are very polite & friendly. They treat the foreign tourist as demigod. The sunkissed beaches are very clean & shopping is very cheap. So Thailand is having all thye features one can expect from the best tourist destinations.
There are many cultural & religious similarities in India & Thailand. That was another reason for our fondness of Thailand.

Viva Goa!

Goa is one of the best places in India to unwind and take a relaxed vacation.Goa has a rich history, which is both intriguing and appalling to historians and the common man. Goa was plundered by a number of rulers and lastly by the Portuguese from whom Goa sought independence in 1961.
One of the major attractions in Goa is the Carnival. In fact, it is popularly known as the Goa Carnival. Goa comes alive in all its beauty and splendor during the carnival, as it is one of the most important celebrations in Goa. The Goa Carnival has been celebrated since the 18th century. The Carnival is meant to be a time for feasting, drinking and merry making. The Goa
The long coastline of Goa makes one believe that Goa is a long beach. But that is not true in its entirety. Goa is a small state, which has many beaches, many towns and a fine network of roads. The state of Goa has seven rivers and their estuaries, hills with thriving and lush green vegetation, and most of the tourists are required to cover vast distances in order to move from one place to another. Goa has a coastline that is 125 kilometers and that makes people consider that it is an elongated beach, which is a common misunderstanding.

Beaches of Goa are much more colorful and full of adventure than other beaches in India. Not just in terms of popularity but also the services that are accessible here. The beaches here have been acknowledged as an essential part of Goa. In fact, Goa has become synonymous with beaches. There are mouthwatering cuisines mixed with the bliss of relaxing on the golden sands and soaking up the warm sun against the backdrop of turquoise blue water. For the more daring, there are a variety of water sports to choose from that include water skiing to para gliding.

• Intro Updated Jun 29, 2010

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
RakeshKapadnis's Profile Photo

RakeshKapadnis

“Became a proud father on my Birthday. :-)”

Real Name