"Traveling, new friends & new culture" travelingcebuano's Profile

Meeting new friends, the best part of travel

Seeing a new place through the eyes of one has lived there most of their lives, gives me a fresh new perspective to how I see a place. Their stories, their experiences and the funny anecdotes tell me all about life in their own home town and home country. This is why I think meeting new friends in every place I go, a truly precious experience.

Local Trips within the Philippines

As I child, I never really appreciated trips to different places (not unless it had a playground). We often went to Baguio city, which is the summer capital, because it is cool there and a great way to escape the summer heat. But we were big groups and there were so many kids to make the summer a big riot. So, come to think of it, I had a blast in Baguio.

My 1st trip abroad, Hong Kong

I remember my very first trip was after I graduated from college. My sister and I went to Hong Kong. I remember details about the hotel where we stayed, the tour we took and people we met. Funny, how things related to travel stick to my head so well. Other things, like things I learned in school, don't. HA HA HA

My first big trip

I was 26 when I took my first long big trip to Germany. The word "excited" can not compare to what I was feeling. From the moment I boarded the plane, to the time I step foot on Germany, seeing snow for the first time. It was just an awesome feeling. You know that feeling people get when they felt they have reached the "top of the world"? Well, that was it!

Spain, discovering my roots

I've heard so many stories of my roots in Spain, from my uncles and aunts who have been there and met with my relatives. Finally, I decided to meet the relatives for my self. Together with my uncle, aunt and cousin, we set off for Cantabria, Spain and had a glorious time connecting with warm and caring relatives.

• Intro Updated Dec 11, 2009

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
travelingcebuano's Profile Photo

travelingcebuano

“see the world and bring peace to all”

Ranked Member