"Traveling, new friends & new culture" travelingcebuano's Profile
Seeing a new place through the eyes of one has lived there most of their lives, gives me a fresh new perspective to how I see a place. Their stories, their experiences and the funny anecdotes tell me all about life in their own home town and home country. This is why I think meeting new friends in every place I go, a truly precious experience.
As I child, I never really appreciated trips to different places (not unless it had a playground). We often went to Baguio city, which is the summer capital, because it is cool there and a great way to escape the summer heat. But we were big groups and there were so many kids to make the summer a big riot. So, come to think of it, I had a blast in Baguio.
I remember my very first trip was after I graduated from college. My sister and I went to Hong Kong. I remember details about the hotel where we stayed, the tour we took and people we met. Funny, how things related to travel stick to my head so well. Other things, like things I learned in school, don't. HA HA HA
I was 26 when I took my first long big trip to Germany. The word "excited" can not compare to what I was feeling. From the moment I boarded the plane, to the time I step foot on Germany, seeing snow for the first time. It was just an awesome feeling. You know that feeling people get when they felt they have reached the "top of the world"? Well, that was it!
I've heard so many stories of my roots in Spain, from my uncles and aunts who have been there and met with my relatives. Finally, I decided to meet the relatives for my self. Together with my uncle, aunt and cousin, we set off for Cantabria, Spain and had a glorious time connecting with warm and caring relatives.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 18 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- Posted in Travel Chiang Rai Forum "Green bus scheduel from Chiang..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dumaguete, Negros Oriental"
created their Personal Page "Dumaguete, Negros Oriental"
- Uploaded a Video to Cebu City
- created a Bacolod Travel Page "I love Bacolod!"
- Commented on moymoydtraveller's profile page
- Wrote a Review Bavaria is my kind of place in Prien am Chiemsee Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Cebu City Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Manila Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Salzburg Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 photos
- Bacolod Intro, 3 photos
- Lisbon 1 review, 1 photo
- Shanghai 1 review, 1 photo
- Sevilla 1 review, 1 photo
- Kota Kinabalu 1 review, 1 photo
No friends yet.