"2 Pink Ducks Travelling" pinkduck's Profile

America

My partner (Dave) had his first trip overseas in 2005 when we attended a seminar in Salt Lake City America. We turned a two day seminar into a 6 week holiday. Spending some time in San Fran Cisco (Loved it!!) then to Salt lake city for the siminar (beautiful but not my kind of place) and then to Los Angles, from here we went to Mexico for a look around and then back home.
This 6 weeks started us off and we now want to travel regularly.

Thailand (well really Bangkok)

In November 2008 we left Adelaide and went to Thialand via Singapore - - We went to the River Kwai and rode elephants, spent money and barted and had a ball. Only stayed in the country for a couple of days and then back to the city where we found a great tailor and optician - - half the price of Australia for glasses and even less for tailor made shirts - - I love this travelling!!!
Met some great people and saw some things we never thought of previously - - did some major shopping and spent lots of money but then we have lots of stuff to show for it.

Bali - - the land of smiles

May this year (2009) saw us off to Bali for a week - - It started out as a stop gap because we were going to Vietnahm in 2010 and I could not wait until then to travel again so we thought lets go there - - it is close and I liked it last time (Dave had never been before)
Dave was amazed by the bartering and the smells and pace of the country - - He did not want to barter but did want the bargains so was sending me n to get the item for as cheap as possible (him without loosing face) - - He likes the bartering as well just not very good at it - - I love it and am in 7th heaven when we are shopping here,

The Future

We are currently planning to return to both Thailand and Bali in September 2010. Plans are under way and we will keep you updated. At this stage the accomodation is booked and the airfares are planned but not booked yet (waiting for the cheap air fares to some out ) -- but if they do not we will book just after Christmas

• Intro Updated Dec 3, 2009

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!