"Day trip to Kitakyushu" Top 5 Page for this destination Kitakyushu by IreneMcKay
Kitakyushu Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 195 photos
Kitakyushu means the north of Kyushu Island and consists of 5 areas which have joined to form Kitakyushu. We originally intended to visit 2 of these areas Kokura and Mojiko, but we liked Mojiko so much we ended up staying there all day and the only part of Kokura we saw was its station. We will have to get round to the rest of Kokura on a future trip.
Mojiko used to be a major port linking Kyushu with Honshu Island to its north. Now there is a bridge and a tunnel linking the two islands and the port has moved to a nearby area called Moji.
Mojiko had a grand past and has lots of beautiful historical buildings dating from the early 20th century, some wonderful shrines, a picturesque bridge, its own brand of beer and delicious baked cheesy curries.
- Pros:Pretty and interesting
Kitakyushu is twinned with Norfolk, Virginia. The dogwood tree was introduced to Japan from there, while the Japanese... more travel advice
Open 10am to 10pm. Admission 300 yen. We did not go in. It is supposed to have good views. The observation room is on... more travel advice
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
Kitakyushu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kitakyushu City"
- "Japanese for "North Kyushu (Island)""
- "Day trip to Kitakyushu"
- "My town, Kitakyushu"
- "KITAKYUSHU CITY - FUKUOKA PREFECTURE"
- "Mongolzaluu's new Kitakyushu Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kitakyushu
- Hotels in Kitakyushu
- Transportation in Kitakyushu
- Nightlife in Kitakyushu
- Restaurants in Kitakyushu
- Shopping in Kitakyushu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kitakyushu
- 18 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Kitakyushu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kitakyushu
Photos in KitakyushuSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 54 reviews, 123 photos
- Dubai Intro, 43 reviews, 116 photos
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 97 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue