"Rasnov" Rasnov by IreneMcKay
Rasnov Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 152 photos
If you travel by bus from Brasov to Bran Castle you will pass through the town of Rasnov. It has a beautiful ruined fortress perched on a hill top high above it. Bran and Rasnov can be visited on the same day.
The fortress was built around 1225 by Teutonic knights. It is now partially ruined.
The town of Rasnov also has a large church and some pleasant restaurants and cafes. There is a camp site there and caves nearby but we did not visit them.
- Pros:Lovely fortress, good views
- Cons:Steep, slippy climb
The main reason to visit Rasnov is to go to the fortress. You get to Rasnov by taking a bus from Brasov bus station... more travel advice
There was a very pleasant cafe on the main road right next to the bus stop. We had a drink here because we were thirsty... more travel advice
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
Rasnov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RASNOV / ROSENAU - most complex peasant fortress"
- "Welcome to Rasnov (Rosenau)"
- "Now THIS is Transylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rasnov
- Transportation in Rasnov
- Warnings and Dangers in Rasnov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rasnov
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Rasnov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rasnov
Photos in RasnovSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 75 reviews, 186 photos
- Dubai Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 46 reviews, 136 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 48 reviews, 117 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago d' Iseo Intro, 28 reviews, 117 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 97 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 92 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos