"Plovdiv, Bulgaria" Plovdiv by IreneMcKay
Plovdiv Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,219 photos
Plovdiv is the second largest Bulgarian city. It has several interesting Roman remains and a beautiful old town famous for its symmetrical houses.
We got to Plovdiv by coach from Sofia. We bought our ticket for 13 lev at the Central Sofia bus station. There was a fairly frequent service. We came back by train for around 8lev 10 cents. The train service is also fairly frequent though the trains are a bit slower. The bus took two hours, the fast train back took two and a half. Slower trains take three.
Plovdiv's beautiful river is worth a look, too
Plovdiv is an excellent location to wander aimlessly enjoying the scenery and the pavement cafes.
We climbed up to the Aloysha statue which overlooks the town of Plovdiv. It is a statue of a Red Army soldier standing... more travel advice
Roman Remains - the most famous and best preserved Roman remains is the Roman theatre. Entry 3 lev. There is a cafe at... more travel advice
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
Plovdiv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My home city - European Cultural Capital for 2019"
- "City on the seven hills"
- "Bulgaria's Second City..."
- "Old Town"
- "Plovdiv, one of the oldest cities in the world."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plovdiv
- Hotels in Plovdiv
- Transportation in Plovdiv
- Nightlife in Plovdiv
- Restaurants in Plovdiv
- Shopping in Plovdiv
- Warnings and Dangers in Plovdiv
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plovdiv
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Plovdiv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plovdiv
Photos in PlovdivSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 80 reviews, 203 photos
- Dubai Intro, 50 reviews, 143 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 46 reviews, 136 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lago d' Iseo Intro, 28 reviews, 117 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 97 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 92 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos