"Reutte a special place for us" Reutte by IreneMcKay
Reutte Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 46 photos
Reutte in Tirol is a special place for my husband and I. We taught there on two summer courses shortly after we met and as part of our teaching duties, we also took the children hiking, thus we learned a lot of the wonderful surrounding walks. We have been to Reutte many, many times. We no longer work there, but go there entirely for pleasure.This visit was short and some of my tips refer to previous visits.
Our trips to Reutte will typically consist of a long walk with stops at any lakes we pass for icy refreshing swims. In the evenings we will down plentiful quantities of wonderful Austrian beers and schnitzels.
Reutte is often overlooked by tourists as it has a fair bit of industry such as the electricity generating works. It is also used as a base for visiting Fussen and the castles of King Ludvig the third or the Zugspitze Mountain, but it has lots of beautiful scenery and lovely walks and lakes all of its own.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery, great walks, lots of lakes, lovely food.
- Cons:Bit of industry, not much in the way of night life.
This restaurant is a firm favourite of ours. It has remained unchanged over the years, We were even served by the same... more travel advice
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
Reutte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "reutte austria"
- "Get some Fresh Air"
- "Don´t listen to Rick Steves"
- "Tyrolian Mountains"
- "Reutte a special place for us"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reutte
- Hotels in Reutte
- Transportation in Reutte
- Restaurants in Reutte
- Shopping in Reutte
- See All...
Explore the World
- Khopoli Hotels
- Nittambuwa Hotels
- Castellón de la Plana
- Kuala Terengganu
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Province of Quezon
- Aso-san Hotels
- San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area Hotels
- Johor Bahru
- Chennai (Madras)
- Playa de Humacao Hotels
- Wadduwa Hotels
Badges & Stats in Reutte
- 13 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Reutte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reutte
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 39 reviews, 98 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 36 reviews, 94 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 25 reviews, 80 photos
- Madrid Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Kitakyushu Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Reutte hotel reviews
- Gutshof zum Schluxen
- 104 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013