"Sarawak" State of Sarawak by IreneMcKay
State of Sarawak Travel Guide: 1,453 reviews and 4,024 photos
After spending a few days in the Holiday Inn, Kuching, we moved to the Damai Beach resort.
While in Kuching we thought we were seeing the most beautiful sunsets we had ever seen. At Damai Beach they were even more stunning. In fact they have spoiled us for life. Ever since this visit I've looked at every sunset and thought, "That's nothing. It's not a patch on Damai Beach".
Damai Beach Resort was breathtaking. The ocean on one side; beautiful jungle covered mountains on the other. Our chalet style accomodation was absolutely lovely. The beach and two pools were fantastic. It would all have been perfect but for one thing - the food.
I read complaints about the food before I went, but just thought,"Some people are just so moany." Please believe me I am not a fussy eater, the food was dire - utterly, utterly dire. After our first meal, which we could not even eat, we both decided we are only here for a few nights, better to eat nothing than to order any food here ever again. As it turned out, we had breakfast included and took some bread and cheese out with us from breakfast for our evening meal. Also the hotel bar served quite nice spring rolls and when we visited the nearby cultural village, we bought all their snacks such as peanuts, biscuits. We lived on this rather than suffer the hotel food. It may have changed since our visit. Maybe the chef has been dragged out and shot. He certainly deserved it.
As well as swimming and relaxing there was plenty to do around Damai Beach. We went on a wonderful jungle trek nearby the hotel. We visited the fantastic cultural village and we did an organized day trip to Bako National Park.
- Pros:interesting things nearby, beautiful scenery, sunsets to die for.
We booked an organized trip here through the tour desk at the Damai Beach Resort. We must have looked weak and weedy as... more travel advice
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
State of Sarawak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Borneo Jungle Adventure 4 - 10 Mar 09"
- "Sarawak - Malaysian Borneo"
- "Sarawak, Borneo"
- "Sarawak, Damai Beach"
- "Sarawak!! Where??"
- "Sarawak - An Incredible Place To Visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Sarawak
- Hotels in State of Sarawak
- Transportation in State of Sarawak
- Nightlife in State of Sarawak
- Restaurants in State of Sarawak
- Shopping in State of Sarawak
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Sarawak
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Sarawak
- 12 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to State of Sarawak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Sarawak
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 39 reviews, 98 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 36 reviews, 94 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 74 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 25 reviews, 80 photos
- Madrid Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos
- Kathmandu Intro, 21 reviews, 57 photos
- Kitakyushu Intro, 18 reviews, 46 photos