Kathmandu Restaurant Tips by IreneMcKay
Kathmandu Restaurants: 104 reviews and 117 photos
in Everest Steak House
The service was pleasant and friendly. The full steak portions started from about NPR600, but they were huge so I opted for a half portion for NPR300. That was delicious and certainly big enough for me. Steaks come with a variety of different sauces. There are other menu options aside from steak, but I would imagine steak is what they do best.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: @on Chhetrapati Road in the direction of Chhetrapati Junction
My husband in the garden restaurant
We had a wonderful lunch sitting in this beautiful garden. The food and service were very good, but I would recommend it most for the lovely garden surroundings. We sat in the sun here without a care in the world. This place also had he cleanest toilet I saw in my entire stay in Nepal.
Address: In the garden of the Kathmandu Guest House
Comparison: about average
My husband with the interesting decor
I had a lovely meal here, but my carnivore husband was not so happy as he had not reaiized it was vegetarian. This threw him greatly on the ordering front. Anyway the decor is interesting and the restaurant is quiet and peaceful with good service. We had momos, cheese balls and Tibetan soup.
Address: In Pilgrim's Book Store, Thamel
Comparison: about average
My husband enjoying momos and Everest beer
We went here several times during our stay. There were some tourists here but mainly locals. The service was very efficient and friendly. Food was excellent and very cheap. They served local Nepali food, Indian, Chinese and Western food. Beer was a very cheap NPR199 a big bottle. Every meal we had here was very good and I would thoroughly recommend it.
Address: On Thamel Road towards the north of Thamel
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: There is a junction in Thamel where the road from the palace meets Thamel road. There is a huge outdoor shop selling lots of metal souvenirs on several platforms. Go north past this souvenir shop and walk for around 5 minutes. It's on your left.
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (17)
IreneMcKay's Related Pages
Kathmandu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kathmandu The Ancient City - Dream Destination."
- "Kathmandu (Kantipur) - a royal capital.....still"
- "Mountain Air & Himalayan Culture"
- "Kathmandu, revisited"
- "The himalayan country"
- "Nepal´s Capital."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kathmandu
- Hotels in Kathmandu
- Transportation in Kathmandu
- Nightlife in Kathmandu
- Restaurants in Kathmandu
- Shopping in Kathmandu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kathmandu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kathmandu
- 21 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Kathmandu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kathmandu
Photos in KathmanduSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 54 reviews, 123 photos
- Dubai Intro, 43 reviews, 116 photos
- Melaka Intro, 34 reviews, 112 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 41 reviews, 97 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 32 reviews, 100 photos
- Luang Prabang Intro, 33 reviews, 95 photos
- Rome Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 26 reviews, 87 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 32 reviews, 75 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 35 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (57)
- Durbar Square- 87 Reviews, 148 Photos
- Pashupatinath- 29 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Mountain Flight- 22 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Bodhnath Stupa- 36 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Thamel- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Swayambhunath- 40 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Bhaktapur- 13 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Kathmandu area- 27 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Patan- 8 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Hanuman Dhoka Palace- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
See All Kathmandu Things to Do