"Drink some pure water!" Recoaro Terme by bvizzle12
Recoaro Terme Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
The area of Recoaro was settled by German colonists. Later it was under the Scaliger, the Visconti of Milan and then under the Republic of Venice.
In the late 1600s thermal waters were discovered, which developed the area of Recoaro as a tourist resort in the following century.
During the Second World War the area was the site of a Nazi command, they occupied many buildings, including the spa, which was bombed by US air force in 1945.
After World War II Recoaro became an important center for the bottling of the homonymous mineral water Acqua Recoaro and other beverages.
The Spa uses hydrotherapy. People still come there for healing though much less than a few decades ago when it was "the" place to come by all italians to get pampered.
bvizzle12's Related Pages
Recoaro Terme Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Recoaro Terme
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Recoaro Terme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Recoaro Terme
Photos in Recoaro TermeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
- Monterosso al Mare Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Cinquale Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Recoaro Terme Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos