"Not sure what's better, living in the US or Europe" bvizzle12's Profile
I was born in the French part of Switzerland, Neuchatel. I lived there for 24 years and ever since I was a little girl I always had one dream, visit the United States of America, more particularly Los Angeles. I'm not sure why to this day but God certainly had planned this for me.
In 1994, I found an add in a newspaper that a family in Corona, CA was looking for an "au pair" to take care of their 3 kids for a year. I jumped on the occasion and next thing you knew I was lending at LAX. I could not believe my eyes, the view from the airplane was absolutely unbelievable, I mean I came from a city with 78,000 people, 7 million in the whole Switzerland. It was a pretty amazing experience.
So to make a long story short now I live in Venice, Ca, I am married and have a 20 months old baby girl, Sienna. Talk about believing in your dreams...
To this day, I have not made up my mind on which one is a better place to live in, US or Europe? It's so different. I call those 2 continents, 2 completely different worlds...If I didn't have to work, I would definitely live 6 months here and 6 months in Europe. I'm happy here, my family is now here, though I miss my parents terribly and THE FOOD...can't get over the food...when I go back home I feel I'm at a fancy restaurant every day, my mom is the most amazing cook but for her it's no big deal. The US have too much fast food, and unless you go to an expensive restaurant you just don't eat that well, to my opinion...
I have so much more to say about so many thinks but I would have to write 50 more pages and I'm sure noone would ever read all of it..so I'm going to end it by saying : home is where you are happy and I am happy here in the United States of America.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 65 Reviews
- 190 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on bvizzle12's profile page
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: CONTACT Virtal Tourist is..."
- bvizzle12 and jayjayc are now friends.
- Commented on the Rome travel guide
- Wrote a Review Roller Coasters for everyone! in Castelnuovo del Garda Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Roller Coasters for everyone!"
- created a Cinquale Travel Page "Visitor"
updated their Profile Page "Not sure what's better, living in the US or Europe"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
- Monterosso al Mare Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Cinquale Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Recoaro Terme Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos