"Not sure what's better, living in the US or Europe" Sienlu's Profile
I was born in the French part of Switzerland, Neuchatel. I lived there for 24 years and ever since I was a little girl I always had one dream, visit the United States of America, more particularly Los Angeles. I'm not sure why to this day but God certainly had planned this for me.
In 1994, I found an add in a newspaper that a family in Corona, CA was looking for an "au pair" to take care of their 3 kids for a year. I jumped on the occasion and next thing you knew I was lending at LAX. I could not believe my eyes, the view from the airplane was absolutely unbelievable, I mean I came from a city with 78,000 people, 7 million in the whole Switzerland. It was a pretty amazing experience.
So to make a long story short now I live in Venice, Ca, I am married and have a 20 months old baby girl, Sienna. Talk about believing in your dreams...
To this day, I have not made up my mind on which one is a better place to live in, US or Europe? It's so different. I call those 2 continents, 2 completely different worlds...If I didn't have to work, I would definitely live 6 months here and 6 months in Europe. I'm happy here, my family is now here, though I miss my parents terribly and THE FOOD...can't get over the food...when I go back home I feel I'm at a fancy restaurant every day, my mom is the most amazing cook but for her it's no big deal. The US have too much fast food, and unless you go to an expensive restaurant you just don't eat that well, to my opinion...
I have so much more to say about so many thinks but I would have to write 50 more pages and I'm sure noone would ever read all of it..so I'm going to end it by saying : home is where you are happy and I am happy here in the United States of America.
Personal Pages (2)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 67 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 18 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Commented on PaulineR1's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: volunteering In Lagos"
- Wrote a Review Amazing view, EXPENSIVE food in Las Vegas Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amazing view, EXPENSIVE food"
- created a Las Vegas Travel Page "Las Vegas and it's amazing Hotels"
- Sienlu and akkipaa are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "My new edition"
- Commented on the Southend travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos
- Monterosso al Mare Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Cinquale Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Recoaro Terme Intro, 1 review, 8 photos