"Not sure what's better, living in the US or Europe" Sienlu's Profile
I was born in the French part of Switzerland, Neuchatel. I lived there for 24 years and ever since I was a little girl I always had one dream, visit the United States of America, more particularly Los Angeles. I'm not sure why to this day but God certainly had planned this for me.
In 1994, I found an add in a newspaper that a family in Corona, CA was looking for an "au pair" to take care of their 3 kids for a year. I jumped on the occasion and next thing you knew I was lending at LAX. I could not believe my eyes, the view from the airplane was absolutely unbelievable, I mean I came from a city with 78,000 people, 7 million in the whole Switzerland. It was a pretty amazing experience.
So to make a long story short now I live in Venice, Ca, I am married and have a 6 year old Daughter, Sienna and a 15 months old son Luca. Talk about believing in your dreams...
To this day, I have not made up my mind on which one is a better place to live in, US or Europe? It's so different. I call those 2 continents, 2 completely different worlds...If I didn't have to work, I would definitely live 6 months here and 6 months in Europe. I'm happy here, my family is now here, though I miss my parents terribly and THE FOOD...can't get over the food...when I go back home I feel I'm at a fancy restaurant every day, my mom is the most amazing cook but for her it's no big deal. The US have too much fast food, and unless you go to an expensive restaurant you just don't eat that well, to my opinion...
I have so much more to say about so many thinks but I would have to write 50 more pages and I'm sure no one would ever read all of it..so I'm going to end it by saying : home is where you are happy and I am happy here in the United States of America.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 136 Reviews
- 649 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
- Sienlu and Gypsystravels are now friends.
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- Commented on one of blueskyjohn's Arcata tips
- Wrote a Review Great View, Food prepared in advance about Peaks in Palm Springs Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great View, Food prepared in advance"
updated their Profile Page "Not sure what's better, living in the US or Europe"
- updated a Manhattan Beach Travel Page "This is where you can find VT headquarters"
- Commented on the Southend travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Bear Lake Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Los Angeles 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Venice Intro, 9 reviews, 30 photos
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Santa Monica 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Rome Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Paris Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Monterosso al Mare Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Venice Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos