"Phuket, A Great Escape" Phuket by himynameisaulia

Phuket Travel Guide: 3,212 reviews and 9,272 photos

A Great Escape

First time I heard and saw Phuket Island from the movie, The Beach. I'm so interesting with that island, it is like a destination unknown, which many people go there just to relax their mind and get a new spirit to face the real world and I called it as "A Great Escape".

Phuket International Airport

I departed from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at 11.20 PM and arrived at Phuket International Airport at 2.00 PM. I think, the airport is not as big as common international airport. There's many tourism promotional activities, such as tour to Phi Phi Island, James Bond Island, Phuket Fantasea, etc. There's also a promotion of AOT SIM Card for free, but we have to refill the SIM Card first to activate the number. After that, I looked for transportation to reach my Hotel, which I was first booked through Air Asia Go Holiday. I got a mini-bus for 180 Baht/person to Karon, which my Hotel is located. It is cheaper if you want to go to Patong, which is only 150 Baht/person. There was 10 people from different country in the mini-bus, such as India, Indonesia, Australia, Thailand and China.

Karon Beach

I stayed at Peach Hill Hotel in Karon and I must to walk for about 10 minutes to reach the beach. It's one of the popular beaches in Phuket. I love this beach than Patong, because it is quieter than its neighboring, Patong Beach.

• Pros:The Nature is very beautiful
  • Cons:The souvenir, taxi and tuk tuk are expensive
  • Last visit to Phuket: May 2010
  • Intro Updated May 15, 2010

Comments

himynameisaulia

“Life is a part of journey to go around the world”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.