Cooperstown Hotel Tips by mingomatic
Cooperstown Hotels: 2,096 reviews and 24 photos
This is a terrific value, in my view. It's about $150 a night when it's prime season and I understand it could be as low as $70 a night during other times. At $150, that might seem expensive, but I shopped around and the B&Bs in town were WAY more expensive and who knows what the quality of those places are. It's located in a strip mall that has convenient options for food and supermarket. It's about a 5 mile drive to downtown Cooperstown near the lake so as long as you're OK with driving a few minutes, it's a decent location.
The rooms were clean, and well kept. There's a fridge there so you can buy stuff at the supermarket and store it there. The beds were really comfortable, especially after a long drive. It has all the standard amenities you'd expect at a Best Western including hair dryer, ironing board, free wifi, TV, soaps/shampoos, towels, and microwave. It was a clean room and spacious. The people at the front desk were courteous. No problems there.
It's a very good hotel in the area if you want to guarantee some that you'll get a good value and stay in a comfortable place.
Unique Qualities: There seems to be a lot of B&B's in the area. So in this case, the fact that it's a standard hotel is quite unique. Some people would prefer a B&B but the fact that they can ensure you will get a certain level of quality here is what I was looking for. B&Bs in this area are generally in old houses but this is a relatively newer building that will probably mean less creaky floors and such.
Right near the front desk is an indoor pool which seemed to be clean and a good perk if you want to take a dip. I didn't get a chance to use it, but they also have a gym which is nice. Parking is plentiful. There's also paintballing in the same location, least according to the signs.
Address: 50 Commons Dr Cooperstown, NY 13326
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (7)
mingomatic's Related Pages
Cooperstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cooperstown - Or Is It 'Clarksville'?"
- "Cooperstown, NY"
- "Experience a Piece of American History"
- "Cooperstown..Home of Baseball!!!"
- "More than just baseball"
- "Cooperstown. Baseball and More"
- "Cooperstown, New York State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cooperstown
- Hotels in Cooperstown
- Transportation in Cooperstown
- Restaurants in Cooperstown
- Shopping in Cooperstown
- Warnings and Dangers in Cooperstown
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Imperial Prague
- Rancho Inn
- City Park Hotel
- Cheju Oriental Hotel
- Palais de la Mediterranee
- Hotel Ibis Kemayoran Jakarta
- Casa Hotel
- Trupial Inn Hotel and Casino
- Extended Stay Deluxe Des Plaines
- Econo Lodge
- @Home Guest House
- Motel 6 Oakland Airport
- NH Liberdade
- Houda Golf and Beach Club
Badges & Stats in Cooperstown
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cooperstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cooperstown
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Mid April... Too late to see..."
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Cooperstown travel pages
- updated a Cooperstown Travel Page "Cooperstown: a rural place to getaway"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good food option near the Hall of Fame"
- Wrote a Review Twisty roads and local police in Cooperstown Warnings and Dangers
Photos in CooperstownSee All Photos (10)
Read real reviews about Cooperstown Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Cooperstown Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- San Jose 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Munich Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pismo Beach 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Syosset 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Santa Clara 1 review, 3 photos
Latest Cooperstown hotel reviews
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2012
- Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Terrace Motor Inn
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2012
- Cobblescote on the Lake
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 1, 2012
- The White House Inn
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Best Western Inn & Suites at the Commons
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Green Apple Inn
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2011
- The Inn at Cooperstown
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Tunnicliff Inn
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Mohican Motel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2012
- Lake View Motel
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013