"Cooperstown: a rural place to getaway" Cooperstown by mingomatic
Cooperstown Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 192 photos
I came here in September.The trees and foliage are beautiful as you will see a lot of orange, yellow and reds mixed in with the green leaves. It has a very small town and rustic feeling. It takes a couple days for us city folk to settle in, but once you do, it's very nice. It feels like that movie Groundhog's Day where everyone kind of knows each other, and everyone's pretty friendly. In the morning, the air is crisp. If you drive past some large field or farmland, you may see something like the pic here.
Check out the different barns when you're here. Coming from LA, you don't see this much nature and blue skies. There are lots of barnside stands and little places to eat. I'm sure most of it is quite fresh as they probably pick the foods right from the the farm. I almost ran over a chicken because it was literally crossing the road like the old joke everyone knows...
- Pros:Great place to get away from it all. Nice rustic town. Friendly people.
- Cons:A far drive from New York City. It's roughly 4-5 hours away.
- In a nutshell:Rustic and small town feel with some touristy things to do!
This place is right near the Baseball Hall of Fame on Main Street. I'm sure that it's kind of catering to tourists, but... more travel advice
This place was pretty busy with a lot of this rustic town's hustle and bustle eating and watching football. It's mostly... more travel advice
mingomatic's Related Pages
Cooperstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cooperstown - Or Is It 'Clarksville'?"
- "Cooperstown, NY"
- "Experience a Piece of American History"
- "Cooperstown..Home of Baseball!!!"
- "More than just baseball"
- "Cooperstown. Baseball and More"
- "Cooperstown, New York State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cooperstown
- Hotels in Cooperstown
- Transportation in Cooperstown
- Restaurants in Cooperstown
- Shopping in Cooperstown
- Warnings and Dangers in Cooperstown
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cooperstown
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cooperstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cooperstown
- Posted in Travel Tokyo Forum "Re: Mid April... Too late to see..."
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Cooperstown travel pages
- updated a Cooperstown Travel Page "Cooperstown: a rural place to getaway"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Good food option near the Hall of Fame"
- Wrote a Review Twisty roads and local police in Cooperstown Warnings and Dangers
Photos in CooperstownSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 29 reviews, 14 photos
- Seattle Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Cooperstown Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- San Jose 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Munich Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pismo Beach 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Syosset 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Santa Clara 1 review, 3 photos
Latest Cooperstown hotel reviews
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites Leatherstocking Lodge
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2012
- Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
- 193 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 28, 2013
- Terrace Motor Inn
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- Cobblescote on the Lake
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- The White House Inn
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Best Western Inn & Suites at the Commons
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Green Apple Inn
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2011
- The Otesaga Resort Hotel
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Tunnicliff Inn
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- The Inn at Cooperstown
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Mohican Motel
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2012
- Lake View Motel
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013