Sterling Restaurant Tips by cjg1
Sterling Restaurants: 4 reviews and 6 photos
My wife and I were staying the the Doubletree in Sterling. One of the perks of having Diamond Status with Hilton is the complimentary breakfast. For once we were sleeping late and decided to take advantage of the breakfast buffet.
It was the standard buffet with eggs, pastries, breads, cereals, sausage, bacon,coffee, tea, fresh fruit, cheeses and juices. My wife decided to have a bagel with penut butter and some bacon on the side. I tried the fried eggs, sausage and some fruit. We both had some apple juice and hot tea.
Surprisingly the food was quite good and fresh tasting. The service here was also very good.
Yes, it's a chain, yes I love it...I've said it so there. The Cheesecake Factory is a chain of resturants that specialize in "Cheesecake" but also have an extensive menu of other food items. You can find these restaurants in every part of the US it seems and I do enjoy their food.
After catching a movie, my wife and I wanted something to eat and didn't feel like travelling far from our hotel. The Cheesecake Factory was minutes away in the local shopping mall. Usually places like this are jam packed with a wait for a table but it was a holiday weekend and the place was dead. We were seated immediately at a large booth and handed menus.
We decided to split one of our favorite appetizers: the spinach and artichoke dip. It really is delicious and creamy; I love their fresh,warm tortilla chips. The portion is as large as an entree and very filling. Along with a Sprite and a club soda it was an excellent appetizer.
We both decided to indulge in some dessert and took a look at the menu; even though I think I have it memorized by now. I ordered my favorite Strawberry Shortcake and Liz just wanted some vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce. As usual I couldn't finish the large portion of biscuit topped with mounds of vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries. My wife barely got through a scop of ice cream before raising a flag of surrender.
As always it's a good place for good food and service.
Address: 21100 Dulles Town Circle
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (7)
cjg1's Related Pages
Sterling Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sterling
- Hotels in Sterling
- Transportation in Sterling
- Restaurants in Sterling
- See All...
Explore the World
- Apache Junction Hotels
- Ban Samae San Hotels
- Kampung Bota Kiri Hotels
- Bon Hotels
- Thousand Oaks
Badges & Stats in Sterling
- 9 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Sterling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sterling
Photos in SterlingSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 347 reviews, 1392 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 184 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 121 reviews, 359 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 98 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 100 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
Latest Sterling hotel reviews
- Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Amerisuites Dulles Airport
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Quality Inn And Suites
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Candlewood Suites Sterling
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Hotel Sierra Washington Dulles
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Doubletree Hotel Dulles Airport-Sterling
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Dulles Airport
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hampton Inn' Dulles/Cascades
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013