"Nice Stays Close to The Airport and the City" Herndon by cjg1
Herndon Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 152 photos
Our primary purpose of staying here has been it's close proximity to the airport as well as it being a very cheap stays. There are plenty of hotels in the area to stay if you are visiting DC or catching a flight out of town. We have used this area as an overnight before flights out and overnight on return flights from Dulles. We have recently stayed here when visiting family in the area; the rate was cheap and it was close to the city. Most of our stays have been under $70 a night which is a great price.
There really isn't much to this area besides some residential houses, hotels, restaurants, some office parks and strip malls. I can't complain since we've had some really nice hotel stays for good prices close to the city and the airport.
One of the best things we have disovered during our stays in Herndon is Angeethi Indian Cuisine. It is the best Indian food I have had in this country. Every visit to the D.C. area has brought us back for more delicious food. We have been so many times that I feel as if we are locals now. The stsff is welcoming, know us by name and know exactly what we want to eat. It is a real gem of a place.
We have stayed in the area more times than I can count. We have enjoyed the Hampton Inn, the Hilton Dulles, and the Hyatt Dulles as hotels. They Hyatt is now our go to Hotel here. The Hilton is a great location; we love the rooms and their lounge areas. The Hampton Inn is our third choice if the Hilton is too pricey or all booked for our preferred date. The Hampton Inn is a good night's stay with comfy beds and large rooms but not the best in the breakfast department compared to the Hilton.
- Pros:Close to the city and airport
- Cons:Not much to do in the immediate area
- In a nutshell:A Good pre and post flight hotel destination
This is the in house restaurant of the Dulles Hyatt and where they offer breakfast. Tucked behind the lobby bar it hosts... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Herndon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nice Stays Close to The Airport and the City"
- "Life Begins at Retirement"
- "Herndon's Charms"
- "The Hotel brought us here!"
- "Herndon VA - Suburb of Washington D.C."
- "Herndon, VA"
- "My home 2000/2001"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herndon
- Hotels in Herndon
- Transportation in Herndon
- Nightlife in Herndon
- Restaurants in Herndon
- Warnings and Dangers in Herndon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Herndon
- 15 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Herndon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herndon
Photos in HerndonSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues