Newport Warnings Or Dangers Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Newport Warnings and Dangers: 11 reviews and 23 photos
Our most recent visit was during the first weekend in March 2015. Of course there was already tons of snow on the ground from this terrible winter we are having and then we got another storm while we were in Newport.
The sidewalks in most places are poorly shoveled an have dangeous ice chunks as well. Even on Bellvue Avenue and many of the popular walking streets had dangerous conditions. I had my wife hold onto me tightly to keep here from taking a fall.
We stayed over during the Sunday snow storm and boy was it interesting. The wind and snow made the visibility terrible even for walking so we decided to stay in for dinner and eat at the Hyatt. It was amazing to see how bad the plowing is in this area the next day;it made for an interesting drive out of Newport.
Spots along the Cliff Walk can be dangerous with steep steps such as the 40 steps, uneven pavement and sloping hills. Wear good walking shoes and watch where you step.
The Newport Police Don't Mess Around....
Be careful to feed the parking meter and watch where you park. Newport Police are very stringent in enforcing the speed limit and parking rules. We saw many a person getting ticketed for traffic violations and parking violations. We even witnessed a man's car get towed because he was parked in a tow away zone.
The sidewalks here are horrible They should bulldoze them all and start new. Most streets have bushes pushing into the small sidewalk area forcing you out onto the street. The surface of the sidewalks are also quite up and down and badly broken up. So do watch every step you take over here.
I don't ever want to leave. There is something about this town I just like. Never have been able to willingly leave. The Mansions. The history. The water. My kind of beach. Cold and foggy.
Newport keeps me coming back.
More Reviews (148)
- See All When you just want a cupcake...
- See All Good Seafood
- See All Beer and an Oyster
- See All Shopping for Holiday Decorations
- See All Great Seafood
- See All Newport Restaurant Week
cjg1's Related Pages
Newport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guilded Age Mansions and More"
- "Newport Mansions and So Much More!"
- "Basaic Newport Page"
- "NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND ~ THE CITY BY THE SEA"
- "Newport, Rhode island"
- "Newport, Rhode Island"
- "A few days in Newport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Newport
- Hotels in Newport
- Transportation in Newport
- Nightlife in Newport
- Restaurants in Newport
- Shopping in Newport
- Warnings and Dangers in Newport
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Newport
- 153 Reviews
- 539 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Newport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newport
- updated a Newport Travel Page "Guilded Age Mansions and More"
- Wrote a Review When you just want a cupcake... in Newport Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "When you just want a cupcake..."
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Traditional Vietnamese Wedding"
- Commented on one of Gypsystravels's Newport travel pages
Photos in NewportSee All Photos (539)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 217 reviews, 697 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 154 reviews, 639 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 153 reviews, 540 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 189 reviews, 380 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (157)
- The Breakers- 17 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Cliff Walk- 18 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Rosecliff- 7 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Marble House- 8 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Washington Square Historic District- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
- The Mansions- 10 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Fort Adams- 9 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Touro Synagogue- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- The Elms- 6 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Kingscote- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Newport Things to Do