Newport Hotel Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination

Newport Hotels: 12,400 reviews and 65 photos

April 2012 - Newport

April 2012

Hyatt Regency Newport: Incredible Views & Great Location Hyatt Regency Newport Review

We decided to try out this Hyatt in 2012, simply due to its location on Goat Island in Newport. Neither my wife or I had stayed here before and we had always seen this hotel as we crossed over the bridge into Newport.

We stayed for our Anniversay weekend in April 2012. We had gotten a great rate (thanks to Priceline) of $60 per night and even got the Valet parking comped thanks to my wife charming the front desk staff. We arrived in the late morning and were surprised that our room was actually ready. The room was on the first floor in the back end of the hotel. At first I was concerned at the first floor location but it turned out to be an incredible room. The room was a corner window with large windows overlooking the water and the Lighthouse.

The room was spacious and had the usual ammeneties: bed, couch, desk, dresser, closet and bathroom. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but I'm rather picky about mattresses in general. Other than that the room was perfect for us.

The hotel in general was very good; friendly staff, fast service with a smile. During our stay we enjoyed drinks by the fire in their bar/lounge which was perfect after a day of exploring/shopping around Newport. The grounds are very nice with beautiful water views, The Goat Island Lighthouse and plenty of Adirondack chairs to sit back and relax. My wife and I enjoyed walking the property and checking out the views.

Since our first visit in 2012; we have used this hotel several times. With my Diamond status with Hyatt we have received some great suite upgrade with beautiful views of the water which to me is so worth staying here. My status includes free breakfast at their restaurant but trust me it is crap so go elsewhere. Service here is always very good and we have had some very pleasant stays. Our most recent stay in February 2014; we were upgraded to a huge two level suite. It was an incredible space and had the beautiful water views we so love.

Unique Qualities: They have a van that shuttles hotel guests to and from the heart of the shopping /dining area. In the summer they have a boat taxi that provides the same service as the van

Address: 1 Goat Island, Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

Comparison: less expensive than average

Price: US$40-80

• Updated Feb 13, 2014
Close to Everything - Newport
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina: Close to Everything Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina Review

Address: 49 America's Cup Ave., Newport, Rhode Island, 02840, United States

Comparison: more expensive than average

• Written Apr 8, 2012
Vanity Fair Suite - Newport

Vanity Fair Suite

Abigail Stoneman Inn: A Romantic Weekend Getaway Abigail Stoneman Inn Review

Oh My God is a good start to describe this Inn.....Our stays here have always been amazing. It is our favorite Inn in the Newport area. The Inn is small with only five suites but it has that cozy atmosphere we love. The location is perfect; right in the Washington Square Historic District and within walking distance to food, shopping and most area attractions.

The five suites are named for significant eras of Newport history and decorated with art and artifacts of the people and periods: Tea & Sympathy, End of Innocence, Vanity Fair, Victoria and Above & Beyond. Our favorite Room is the Vanity Fair Suite; we always reserve it when we stay here.

The rooms have high speed internet access which is a plus especially in such an old house. There are king beds, fireplaces, marble tubs with whirlpool, TV, DVD, ipod sound systems with in room speakers in each suite. We love having a fireplace and an awesome tub when we stay at an Inn and this place doesn't dissapoint.

While you are staying at the Inn there is complimentary tea and morning breakfast in the breakfast room/parlor. The breakfast here is very good and we have even enjoyed breakfast in bed. Scott the innkeeper makes sure every need is taken care of from pillow selection to bath products. We were able to select our soaps and bubble bath during our stay: our favorite being the Champagne soap and buble bath.

To us, this is the "place" to stay in Newport. Service is excellent, room quality is superior and location can't be beat.

Unique Qualities: The Vanity Fair Suite is incredible. It opens up into the living room out to your right as you first walk in. Across from the main door it continues into the tub room which has a great view of the fireplace and also of the street if you'd rather keep the curtains open. Then following to the left is the short hall way leading to the bedroom. You walk in on the right side of the bed at the foot board end. The left side of the room is another bay window like the one you found in the tub room.

The bed, a standard Serta King, is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Right up there with the King George and the Marriott in Dallas. It was so comfortable we had hardly tossed about when we woke up in the morning.

Loved the brekafast especially the breakfast in bed. The pancakes and french toast here are very good.

The tub and fireplace is a big highlight for us. We enjoyed many a night in the tub with the fireplace roaring. What a way to relax....

Address: 102 Touro

Comparison: more expensive than average

Phone: (401) 847-1811

Theme: Bed and Breakfast

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Liz enjoying the suite - Newport

Liz enjoying the suite

Adele Turner Inn: Very Nice Inn for the Weekend Adele Turner Inn Review

We chose the Adele Turner Inn for Liz's Birthday weekend. The Inn belongs to the Historic Inns of Newport. We have stayed at similar Inns and been happy so we decided to give this one a try. First, the location is wonderful; only bocks from the warf and the mansions. It was very easy to get around on foot from the Inn. We found the Inn rather easiely and parked our car in their lot behind the Inn. We were afraid we were too early to check in but our room was ready.

We were staying in the Tycoon Suite which is the largest suite in the Inn on the third floor. The Innkeeper took our bags and showed us to our suite. The suite was a nice size. The bedroom had a large and comfortable four poster bed. The bathroom was a beautiful green marble with an awesome steam shower with seating for two. The jacuzzi tub was incredible. There was seperate lighting over the jacuzzi to change it from different levels of brightness and colors. The siting room was our favorite; it was a library type room with wood accents and bookshelves with vintage books. Two wingback chairs and a table were nicely arranged in front of the gas fireplace. We enjoyed sitting in front of the fireplace after dinner and the jacuzzi.

The Inn serves complimentary breakfast everyday and an afternoon tea and wine tasting at 4pm. The breakfast was good; not Wow but good. Liz had the french toast and I had the eggs benedict. The afternoon tea and wine tasting was great. They pased out different local wines, teas and even had warm apple cider. There were finger sandwiches, pastry and chocolate dipped strawberies to snack on as well. I really loved the warm apple cider and drank two mugs.....delicious.

Our stay was wonderful and we had a terrific weekend. I was glad we gave the Adele Turner Inn a try although the Abigail Stoneman continues to be my favorite Newport Inn.

Unique Qualities: We both liked that the sound system was piped throughout each room of the suite. Volume controls on the wall alowed us to regulate the volume or to shut the music off competely. It was a nice touch having music in the background when relaxing in such a nice suite.

We loved the fireplace and consider it a must when we stay in Newport no mater what the season.

The jacuzzi is also a must for us. There is nothing better than relaxing in a jacuzzi full of bubbles with someone special. I also like that soft cotton robes and slippers were provided as well as some wonderful bath products.

Address: 93 Pelham Street, Newport

• Written Apr 14, 2009
2058 - Newport

2058

Hotel Viking: Decent Hotel in the Heart of it Hotel Viking Review

This is one of the Historic Hotels of America.

It is a nice hotel that depending on your room is showing its age. We were in 2058 which is a double double bed room because all the king rooms were more than double the price that night. A wedding was in the hotel and we assumed had most of the choicest rooms taken. But no big deal.

The common rooms of the hotel were quite nice and I must say the restaurant is rather well renowned.

Unique Qualities: The desserts from room service were the highlight of the stay. We ordered in two desserts somewhere about 11pm. Creme Brulee and a Chocolate Lava Cake with vanilla ice cream. Both were fantastic and if we use this hotel will be part of our future stay.

Address: 1 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840

Price: US$120-180

Website: http://www.hotelviking.com

• Updated Mar 14, 2008
Hampton Inn & Suites Middletown, RI: Best of my Hampton Stays... Hampton Inn & Suites Review

This was a nice quiet place to stay with easy access. Greeted with a smile and warm sugar cookie my check in experience on Christmas night was fantastic. There were only a few other guests here and I was quickly told of my upgrade to the corner suite. Also she had made sure there was no one in any of the rooms near us. A very peaceful evening spent here and a good morning sleep in.

Unique Qualities: I liked this hotel for the hilton stay and also the upgrade. Cheapest room possible and moved into a large 1 room suite type.
The breakfast was good and is included for all.

Address: 317 West Main Road

Price: US$80-120

• Updated Apr 28, 2006

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Newport

Have you been to Newport?

Latest Activity in Newport

Photos in Newport

Visiting Newport?
Read real reviews about Newport Hotels!

Top 10 Newport Things to Do