"My Love/Hate Relationship with White Plains" Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains by cjg1

White Plains Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 184 photos

White Plains and I have always had a love/hate relationship that probably more accurately could be described as a don’t like/hate relationship. My big peeve of White Plains is that they charge for parking in shopping malls and on the street parking. Even with the paid parking; White Plains is flooded by shoppers who for some reason drive with their head up their rear; which can make navigating White Plains a frustrating ordeal to say the least.

There is plenty of shopping to be had in White Plains: The Westchester, The Galleria, City Center, Whole Foods, Bloomingdales and a variety of smaller local stores. If you don't mind crowds, traffic and parking fees then you won't mind shopping or dining in White Plains.

The Westchester Mall has the typical mall stores as well as some upscale shops. The City Center is useless to me since parking is such a pain in the rear. Bloomingdales has ample and free parking which is nice. We stopped going to Whole Foods in White Plains simple because it became too crowded and fighting for a parking space was ridiculous. If we want to go to Whole Foods we visit the one in Greenwich Connecticut.

I have never been inside The Galleria. Liz will not take me there because she calls it the "Ghettoria" because of the bad element that seems to hang out in the mall and the shootings/acts of violence that have occured in their parking garage.

White Plains is primarily a business/shopping area along with hotels but there are residential area with houses and apartment buildings.

My in-laws recently moved to White Plains from the Bronx. They needed a change and wanted an affordable option to be closer to where we live in Weschester. We are both happy to have then 10 minutes from us via highway.

• Pros:Shopping, Dining and Family
  • Cons:Paying for parking and typical "Westchester" snobs...
  • In a nutshell:Shopping Until You Drop
  • Last visit to White Plains: Dec 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2012

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Man, Liz's high red shoes are DEADLY! hehehe...I can see you following her as she shops around - I am like that with my wife but I have the twins in tow - and thanks for the warning - I will keep her away from the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in White Plains

Have you been to White Plains?

Latest Activity in White Plains