"My Love/Hate Relationship with White Plains" Top 5 Page for this destination White Plains by cjg1
White Plains Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 192 photos
White Plains and I have always had a love/hate relationship that probably more accurately could be described as a don’t like/hate relationship. My big peeve of White Plains is that they charge for parking in shopping malls and on the street parking. Even with the paid parking; White Plains is flooded by shoppers who for some reason drive with their head up their rear; which can make navigating White Plains a frustrating ordeal to say the least.
There is plenty of shopping to be had in White Plains: The Westchester, The Galleria, City Center, Whole Foods, Bloomingdales and a variety of smaller local stores. If you don't mind crowds, traffic and parking fees then you won't mind shopping or dining in White Plains.
The Westchester Mall has the typical mall stores as well as some upscale shops. The City Center is useless to me since parking is such a pain in the rear. Bloomingdales has ample and free parking which is nice. We stopped going to Whole Foods in White Plains simple because it became too crowded and fighting for a parking space was ridiculous. If we want to go to Whole Foods we visit the one in Greenwich Connecticut.
I have never been inside The Galleria. Liz will not take me there because she calls it the "Ghettoria" because of the bad element that seems to hang out in the mall and the shootings/acts of violence that have occured in their parking garage.
White Plains is primarily a business/shopping area along with hotels but there are residential area with houses and apartment buildings.
My in-laws recently moved to White Plains from the Bronx. They needed a change and wanted an affordable option to be closer to where we live in Weschester. We are both happy to have then 10 minutes from us via highway.
- Pros:Shopping, Dining and Family
- Cons:Paying for parking and typical "Westchester" snobs...
- In a nutshell:Shopping Until You Drop
Butterfield 8 is one of the many bar/restaurants on Mamaroneck Avenue. This place stuck out to us due to its corner... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
White Plains Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A good place for shopping and dinning"
- "My Love/Hate Relationship with White Plains"
- "WHITE PLAINS, NY"
- "White Plains"
- "GREAT SHOPPING AND A HUGE HOMELESS POPULATION"
- "Greystallion's new White Plains Page"
- "Seat of Weschester County"
- See All...
- Things to Do in White Plains
- Hotels in White Plains
- Transportation in White Plains
- Nightlife in White Plains
- Restaurants in White Plains
- Shopping in White Plains
- Warnings and Dangers in White Plains
- See All...
Badges & Stats in White Plains
- 54 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to White Plains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in White Plains
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 212 reviews, 662 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 150 reviews, 608 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues