"A Diverse Westchester Town" Port Chester by cjg1

Port Chester Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 170 photos

A Melting Pot of Cuisines

Fortunately the food redeems Port Chester whenever I start thinking negatively about something I have seen or experienced. Port Chester is a big melting pot of cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Latin American, Italian, Seafood, Indian and Asian. I have found some real "finds" when it comes to good and inexpensive food from family owned establishments.

The location is pretty good being close to major highways. It's very easy for us to hop on I-95 to head north into New England or to head south to see Liz's family. A quick ride on 287 brings us to the heart of White Plains shopping or to Rockland County. Metro North is in the center of Port Chester so it is easy to take the train here for some food or shopping.

Port Chester has it's own shopping areas and a nice movie theater next to some nice food options. Port Chester is a typical Westchester town: restaurants, shopping, some entertainment, parks and residential areas.

Living in Portchester

Port Chester is like any other border state town. There are people coming from Connecticut to utilize the shopping, recreation and restaurants and people from New York are here for the same. Just like in most diverse areas; there are good sections and there are shady ones (it's no differnet than White Plains but has less people obviously). We were fortunate to live on the Rye Brook side of Port Chester that is most residential and has some nice homes and developments. Liz has always enjoyed living in Port Chester so when we moved in together it was only natural that I go to Port Chester.

Soon our Port Chester Chapter will come to an end (at least living in Portchester...we plan to keep eating here as many people do). By the end of the summer we'll be moved into our house and starting a new chapter in our life....

Things heard here...

"Out with the old, in with the yummy"

This really made me smile when I heard it. One of those funny things that just hits right.

• Pros:A Melting Pot of Cuisines
  • Last visit to Port Chester: Mar 2014
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2014

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Nice page. Particularly I enjoyed River Walk tip. Seems to be a nice place for a stroll.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Hi, Chris! ~ Thanks for your great story about that superb destination!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2010 at 3:28 AM

Just got some good deals at Kohl's department store in Port Chester. Wish I had more time to shop...

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2010 at 5:51 AM

I love our adventures back over the border....still addicted to the food here.

cjg1 Used To Live Here!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Port Chester

Have you been to Port Chester?

Photos in Port Chester