"A Diverse Westchester Town" Port Chester by cjg1
Port Chester Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 170 photos
Fortunately the food redeems Port Chester whenever I start thinking negatively about something I have seen or experienced. Port Chester is a big melting pot of cuisines: Mexican, Central American, Latin American, Italian, Seafood, Indian and Asian. I have found some real "finds" when it comes to good and inexpensive food from family owned establishments.
The location is pretty good being close to major highways. It's very easy for us to hop on I-95 to head north into New England or to head south to see Liz's family. A quick ride on 287 brings us to the heart of White Plains shopping or to Rockland County. Metro North is in the center of Port Chester so it is easy to take the train here for some food or shopping.
Port Chester has it's own shopping areas and a nice movie theater next to some nice food options. Port Chester is a typical Westchester town: restaurants, shopping, some entertainment, parks and residential areas.
Port Chester is like any other border state town. There are people coming from Connecticut to utilize the shopping, recreation and restaurants and people from New York are here for the same. Just like in most diverse areas; there are good sections and there are shady ones (it's no differnet than White Plains but has less people obviously). We were fortunate to live on the Rye Brook side of Port Chester that is most residential and has some nice homes and developments. Liz has always enjoyed living in Port Chester so when we moved in together it was only natural that I go to Port Chester.
Soon our Port Chester Chapter will come to an end (at least living in Portchester...we plan to keep eating here as many people do). By the end of the summer we'll be moved into our house and starting a new chapter in our life....
"Out with the old, in with the yummy"
This really made me smile when I heard it. One of those funny things that just hits right.
- Pros:A Melting Pot of Cuisines
John's of Arthur Avenue is a welcome addition to the many restaurants in Port Chester. This place is a pizza... more travel advice
T&J is a pizza joint, restaurant and a bar (all three have seperate entrances). The food here is quite good and I would... more travel advice
- See All Not as Big as we are accustomed to...
- See All Free Parking During the Christmas...
- See All Corpus Christi Carnival
cjg1's Related Pages
Port Chester Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Port Chester
- Transportation in Port Chester
- Nightlife in Port Chester
- Restaurants in Port Chester
- Shopping in Port Chester
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Chester
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Port Chester
- 68 Reviews
- 167 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Port Chester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Chester
Photos in Port ChesterSee All Photos (167)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 349 reviews, 1399 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 128 reviews, 375 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 101 reviews, 342 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues