"NYC: Everyday, Something new." Top 5 Page for this destination New York City by cjg1
New York City Travel Guide: 15,953 reviews and 32,124 photos
What do you say about the greatest town in the world? Just like the show business theres no place like it. No place I know.
Most of my experiences in this city are an extension of the explorer in me. I enjoy going out and just finding new things. Although I love to read travel books and own a couple guidebooks for the city most of my finds are by random chance and word of mouth. Mostly these are restaurants and bar/lounges, the real focus of my travel pages and life.
Everyone knows the tourist sites. And I could easily fill this page with tips of the usual things. But it is the food and entertainment tips I treasure the most. I of course go to more places than these. Will add more as I can. I recognize that it is hard to read through large pages. VT sadly does not break down the city any lower into neighborhoods other than Greenwich Village and Chinatown. Author’s order or newest tips are the way to see these pages. You will find great places on each page but I try to put the best tips upfront before you get bored of page after page.
I am using this page for mostly Manhattan only. You can find information on the outer boroughs on my Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island pages.
If you have any questions about places or things here in the city let me know. I just ask that you provide the information I’ll need to recommend or answer your questions.
New York is constantly changing; what was here today is gone tomorrow. New restaurants spring up where old favorites were and sometimes the favorites hold on to live some more. It's nice that some places remain a constant fixture and no matter what are always there as a comfort.
It is truly a shame in my eyes that the events of September 11, 2001 have become a tourist attraction here in New York. I hope everyone who comes and has to go see the WTC site does so but with the right mind set. There are much better places to buy the trinkets and all that are sold on the street down there. Or better yet take one picture and then use the money to give to one of the many legitimate charities that are there for supporting the families of victims.
This picture is part of the tribute at game four of the 2001 World Series to the country and all those affected by the events of September 11, 2001.
- Pros:Its NYC
- Cons:I get no miles for coming here.
- In a nutshell:There is no place like it.....
My wife and I were meeting friends here for Brunch and decided to have a drink since we arrived a tad early. I was in... more travel advice
- See All Resort Wear
- See All The View from the Water
- See All Arrival Via Cruise Ship
- See All Pavement in Central Park
- See All New Years Eve
cjg1's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 186 Reviews
- 369 Photos
- 249 Forum posts
- 105 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 193 reviews, 534 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 366 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 96 reviews, 379 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues