"NYC: Everyday, Something new." Top 5 Page for this destination New York City by cjg1

New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos

No Place Like It....

What do you say about the greatest town in the world? Just like the show business theres no place like it. No place I know.

Most of my experiences in this city are an extension of the explorer in me. I enjoy going out and just finding new things. Although I love to read travel books and own a couple guidebooks for the city most of my finds are by random chance and word of mouth. Mostly these are restaurants and bar/lounges, the real focus of my travel pages and life.

Everyone knows the tourist sites. And I could easily fill this page with tips of the usual things. But it is the food and entertainment tips I treasure the most. I of course go to more places than these. Will add more as I can. I recognize that it is hard to read through large pages. VT sadly does not break down the city any lower into neighborhoods other than Greenwich Village and Chinatown. Author’s order or newest tips are the way to see these pages. You will find great places on each page but I try to put the best tips upfront before you get bored of page after page.

I am using this page for mostly Manhattan only. You can find information on the outer boroughs on my Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island pages.

If you have any questions about places or things here in the city let me know. I just ask that you provide the information I’ll need to recommend or answer your questions.

A view of my city

I get a lot of emails about what to see do eat and drink in this great city. I have decided to go ahead and make a short list of the places I like and think you should see. So here you will find a list of my Don’t Miss places. Also look for my Best Of: included in tips that have unique features. If you feel you know better on something I've given a Best of to please let me know. I am always searching for more and new places.

My all time favorite restaurant is no more. But there are many many more here in the city. Some of my favorites include two Italian places, Frank and Zucchero e Pomodori. Looking for Mexican? My favorite is actually in Queens. Take the trip and check it out. If you’re in the mood for a good beer in a total dive bar I strongly recommend Milano's or Dempsey’s or if during the EVERY DAY happy hour go to Sidewalk Cafe for two for ones. I am not a big club person but on Tuesday’s you can go to Copa for dinner and lesson’s for $10 which includes admission.

It is truly a shame in my eyes that the events of September 11, 2001 have become a tourist attraction here in New York. I hope everyone who comes and has to go see the WTC site does so but with the right mind set. There are much better places to buy the trinkets and all that are sold on the street down there. Or better yet take one picture and then use the money to give to one of the many legitimate charities that are there for supporting the families of victims.

This picture is part of the tribute at game four of the 2001 World Series to the country and all those affected by the events of September 11, 2001.

• Pros:Its NYC
  • Cons:I get no miles for coming here.
  • In a nutshell:There is no place like it.....
  • Intro Updated Jul 9, 2012

• penpoison's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM

happy belated birthday! hope ur had a gr8 day wherever u r in the world

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2008 at 6:17 AM

Love fondue too! Thanks for the tip...actually just had fondue a few hours ago --- dipping strawberries in choco...yummy...Happy New Year!

• vivimero's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2008 at 6:49 AM

can't wait to come in june....

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Loved all your NYC restuarant tips I'm a bit of a foodie myself, love the fact you had a virtual PJ share your burger he's a fab guy did you meet for real in Holland yet? Jo

• marcbrazil's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 12:10 PM

New York is simply MAGIC!!! If USA has Washington as the capital of the country. NEW YORK seems to be the capital of the World!;)))))

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 5:51 AM

You provide a wealth of info here. Excellent page. Made notes and will check out many things you mentioned. Thanks!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2007 at 2:04 PM

What wonderful tips on the best city in the world! THANKS FOR SHARING!

• Suzze's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2007 at 2:18 PM

well what great pages you have on NYC! I am going there for the first time in July and can't wait, I'm going to store your info to read tomorrow when I have the time to sit and read all what you have to say on the place! thanks :-)

• Karnubawax's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Hey Chris! Thanks for all the great, helpful suggestions. The NYC trip was great!

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Thank you so much for your gift=) New York, I'll be back! =)

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Photos in New York City