"NYC: Everyday, Something new." Top 5 Page for this destination New York City by cjg1
New York City Travel Guide: 15,726 reviews and 31,518 photos
What do you say about the greatest town in the world? Just like the show business theres no place like it. No place I know.
Most of my experiences in this city are an extension of the explorer in me. I enjoy going out and just finding new things. Although I love to read travel books and own a couple guidebooks for the city most of my finds are by random chance and word of mouth. Mostly these are restaurants and bar/lounges, the real focus of my travel pages and life.
Everyone knows the tourist sites. And I could easily fill this page with tips of the usual things. But it is the food and entertainment tips I treasure the most. I of course go to more places than these. Will add more as I can. I recognize that it is hard to read through large pages. VT sadly does not break down the city any lower into neighborhoods other than Greenwich Village and Chinatown. Author’s order or newest tips are the way to see these pages. You will find great places on each page but I try to put the best tips upfront before you get bored of page after page.
I am using this page for mostly Manhattan only. You can find information on the outer boroughs on my Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island pages.
If you have any questions about places or things here in the city let me know. I just ask that you provide the information I’ll need to recommend or answer your questions.
I get a lot of emails about what to see do eat and drink in this great city. I have decided to go ahead and make a short list of the places I like and think you should see. So here you will find a list of my Don’t Miss places. Also look for my Best Of: included in tips that have unique features. If you feel you know better on something I've given a Best of to please let me know. I am always searching for more and new places.
My all time favorite restaurant is no more. But there are many many more here in the city. Some of my favorites include two Italian places, Frank and Zucchero e Pomodori. Looking for Mexican? My favorite is actually in Queens. Take the trip and check it out. If you’re in the mood for a good beer in a total dive bar I strongly recommend Milano's or Dempsey’s or if during the EVERY DAY happy hour go to Sidewalk Cafe for two for ones. I am not a big club person but on Tuesday’s you can go to Copa for dinner and lesson’s for $10 which includes admission.
It is truly a shame in my eyes that the events of September 11, 2001 have become a tourist attraction here in New York. I hope everyone who comes and has to go see the WTC site does so but with the right mind set. There are much better places to buy the trinkets and all that are sold on the street down there. Or better yet take one picture and then use the money to give to one of the many legitimate charities that are there for supporting the families of victims.
This picture is part of the tribute at game four of the 2001 World Series to the country and all those affected by the events of September 11, 2001.
- Pros:Its NYC
- Cons:I get no miles for coming here.
- In a nutshell:There is no place like it.....
- See All Resort Wear
- See All The View from the Water
- See All Arrival Via Cruise Ship
- See All Pavement in Central Park
- See All New Years Eve
cjg1's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 185 Reviews
- 367 Photos
- 249 Forum posts
- 105 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- updated a New York City Travelogue "NCL Cruise on the Breakaway"
- Uploaded a Photo to "NCL Cruise on the Breakaway"
- Wrote a Review Ok Belgian Waffles in New York City Restaurants
- Commented on one of cjg1's New York City travelogues
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (367)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues