"Welcome to the Boogiedown." Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx by cjg1

Bronx Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 372 photos

The Bronx to me:
The Bronx is many things to me. It was once my home. It holds my church. It holds many newfound and longstanding memories. My friends, family, people I’ve met along the way, you have all made my time in the Bronx great.

Be sure to look at my NYC and Yonkers pages with this one as to me they are becoming one big city. I understand the differences but they are all with in walking distance for me so all pages will include some info on the other.

My Bronx Girl

My wife was born and raised in the Bronx and her family still lives here. When I met her new and unexplored areas of the Bronx were all of a sudden brought to light. Having lived over twenty plus years in the Bronx, Liz knows all the nooks and crannies that someone not from the area might never discover. I like to joke that I never ventured into her part of the Bronx before since it was the wrong side of the track from where I lived in the Bronx (I get smacked for that, she's very Bronx proud as are most who are from this area).

Bronx Times

SInce we both have family and friends in the Bronx we are here often hanging out, shopping or grabbing a bite to eat. There are so many good reaturants and places to see in the Bronx if you just take the time to explore.

• Pros:Family, Good Food and Hidden Treasures
  • Last visit to Bronx: Dec 2013
  • Intro Updated Dec 19, 2013

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 4:42 AM

Nice page with lovely tips ;-)

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2006 at 2:01 AM

Hey there Chri, I was passing through and ckecked your great tips of the Bronx Donna;o)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 12:58 AM

Hi Chris. Nice little page here. All those pubs & take-out restaurant tips are giving me an appetite though! Greetings from Dubai :-) Jess

• Oct 30, 2004 at 5:53 PM

The greatest choke in American sports history! What happened? I'll tell you...the Yanks met a better opponent: The Boston Red Sox. I can't wait to see what happens in 2005.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 5:44 AM

So this is the Bronx? Interesting stuff here Chris. I'll have to visit one day.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 3:33 PM

You're not a Yankees fan, are you? I only found about 10 or 12 references to them in your pages, so I'm not sure. Great pic of Yankee Stadium. Go Giants.

• Apr 7, 2004 at 5:16 PM

myra42.absolutly fantastic,found your pictures and information very interesting. maz

• skye820's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2004 at 7:34 PM

A botanical garden in the Bronx?? I need to see this with my own eyes ;)

• europebn's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 8:22 AM

Ahh, wish I could have been there to watch Boom..I mean Boone hit the game winner! They'll be back in 2004.

• shashasharon's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 12:59 PM

I fully expect to be immersed in the bronx when I get there..right

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Bronx