Boston Off The Beaten Path Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Boston Off The Beaten Path: 204 reviews and 301 photos
Salem is a great side trip when visiting the Boston area. The Boston-Salem Ferry is a nice way to get to Salem via the water and is quite ejoyable in the warmer months. The Ferry is located right by the Boston Aquarium and drops you off about 3 blocks down from the House of the Seven Gables in Salem.
From there you can spend the day wandering the streets of Salem and taking in it's infamous history or its seafaring past. Salem is a walkable town so there is no worries about not having a car. You can also take the Salem Troley from one point of interest to the next.
Liz and I usually stay right in Salem but have taking the ferry from Boston during a recent trip.
Some of our favorite sights are: The Peabody Essex Museum, House of the Seven Gables, Winter Island and the Witch Museum.
More Reviews (102)
- See All Good Drinks; Okay Bar Food
- See All Bad Breakfast Buffet
- See All A Good City Stay
- See All Cruising out of Boston On RCL
- See All The Tortoise and the Hare
- See All Fresh Produce
cjg1's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 105 Reviews
- 354 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (354)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues
- Faneuil Hall - Quincy Market- 78 Reviews, 134 Photos
- Freedom Trail- 108 Reviews, 182 Photos
- Fenway Park- 48 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Beacon Hill & Charles Street- 41 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Public Garden- 49 Reviews, 113 Photos
- New England Aquarium- 31 Reviews, 63 Photos
- USS Constitution - Charlestown Navy Yard- 47 Reviews, 86 Photos
- North End- 40 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Boston Common- 69 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Harvard Square - Harvard University- 43 Reviews, 72 Photos
See All Boston Things to Do