Boston Off The Beaten Path Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Boston Off The Beaten Path: 210 reviews and 332 photos
Salem is a great side trip when visiting the Boston area. The Boston-Salem Ferry is a nice way to get to Salem via the water and is quite ejoyable in the warmer months. The Ferry is located right by the Boston Aquarium and drops you off about 3 blocks down from the House of the Seven Gables in Salem.
From there you can spend the day wandering the streets of Salem and taking in it's infamous history or its seafaring past. Salem is a walkable town so there is no worries about not having a car. You can also take the Salem Troley from one point of interest to the next.
Liz and I usually stay right in Salem but have taking the ferry from Boston during a recent trip.
Some of our favorite sights are: The Peabody Essex Museum, House of the Seven Gables, Winter Island and the Witch Museum.
More Reviews (102)
- See All Good Drinks; Okay Bar Food
- See All Bad Breakfast Buffet
- See All A Good City Stay
- See All Cruising out of Boston On RCL
- See All The Tortoise and the Hare
- See All Fresh Produce
cjg1's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 105 Reviews
- 354 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (354)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 214 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 150 reviews, 613 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (156)
- Faneuil Hall - Quincy Market- 90 Reviews, 183 Photos
- Freedom Trail- 123 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Beacon Hill & Charles Street- 50 Reviews, 99 Photos
- Fenway Park- 53 Reviews, 129 Photos
- USS Constitution - Charlestown Navy Yard- 50 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Public Garden- 55 Reviews, 134 Photos
- North End- 44 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Harvard Square - Harvard University- 48 Reviews, 77 Photos
- New England Aquarium- 35 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Boston Common- 77 Reviews, 149 Photos
See All Boston Things to Do