"The Perfect Weekend Away City" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by cjg1
Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos
Boston is the perfect city for a weekend getaway. My wife and I often find ourselves on New England roadtrips and Boston is often a stop.
Our most recent visit to Boston was in November 2010. I had a free Sheraton stay from a promotion and decided to use it to revisit Boston in the Autumn. It was an unseasonably warm and sunny weekend; making it perfect for walking around the city relishing the warmth. It is always nice to visit Boston when the leaves are showing off their colors of red, yellow and brown throughout the parks and gardens.
During our stay in Boston, we saw some of our favorite sights as well as some new ones. As always we bar hopped and did some shopping in our favorite shops. It was the perfect weekend away with my wife.
Boston itself is such a walk-able city. You can see most of the major sights and not have to worry about getting back. Then when you get tired the T here is good enough to get you around. Many call Boston a very European city and I can understand that. It does have a unique feel to it here in the States and makes you feel like you’ve really gone somewhere.
Some of my favorite things to do here include the Mapparium, the Museum of Science, walking the gardens and of course, eating.
Boston is the perfect city for history lovers. Boston's rich colonial and Revolutionary history bring svisitors to this city year round. Attractions such as The New England Aquarium and various museums are perfect for adults and children to explore. Boston also has a nice bar and restaurant scene with some incredible food. Exploring Boston on foot allows for new and exciting sights and adventures with every step. Each neighborhood of Boston is different and has it's own distinct style and culture.
Some of my favorite Boston Sights are:
Museum of Fine Arts
Museum of Science
New England Aquarium for the Penguins & Imax
This was so bad, it's not even worth writing about. Service was good though. more travel advice
- See All Good Drinks; Okay Bar Food
- See All Cruising out of Boston On RCL
- See All The Tortoise and the Hare
- See All Fresh Produce
- See All Terrible Drivers
- See All Skating at the Frog Pond
cjg1's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 105 Reviews
- 354 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (354)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues