"The Perfect Weekend Away City" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by cjg1

Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos

Boston is the perfect city for a weekend getaway. My wife and I often find ourselves on New England roadtrips and Boston is often a stop.

Our most recent visit to Boston was in November 2010. I had a free Sheraton stay from a promotion and decided to use it to revisit Boston in the Autumn. It was an unseasonably warm and sunny weekend; making it perfect for walking around the city relishing the warmth. It is always nice to visit Boston when the leaves are showing off their colors of red, yellow and brown throughout the parks and gardens.

During our stay in Boston, we saw some of our favorite sights as well as some new ones. As always we bar hopped and did some shopping in our favorite shops. It was the perfect weekend away with my wife.

Boston itself is such a walk-able city. You can see most of the major sights and not have to worry about getting back. Then when you get tired the T here is good enough to get you around. Many call Boston a very European city and I can understand that. It does have a unique feel to it here in the States and makes you feel like you’ve really gone somewhere.

Some of my favorite things to do here include the Mapparium, the Museum of Science, walking the gardens and of course, eating.

Boston is the perfect city for history lovers. Boston's rich colonial and Revolutionary history bring svisitors to this city year round. Attractions such as The New England Aquarium and various museums are perfect for adults and children to explore. Boston also has a nice bar and restaurant scene with some incredible food. Exploring Boston on foot allows for new and exciting sights and adventures with every step. Each neighborhood of Boston is different and has it's own distinct style and culture.

Some of my favorite Boston Sights are:

• Last visit to Boston: Mar 2014
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2014

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2014 at 5:18 AM

I have been in Boston in 2012, and I fully agree that it is a LOVELY CITY!

• cjg1's Profile Photo
      Mar 26, 2014 at 5:33 AM

March is very unpredictable weather wise...

• Minceta's Profile Photo
      Yesterday

That's right. We call it here popularly "Grandmother March" due to that.

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Just noticed your Boston updates. Look familiar! Hmmm.... now I'm craving Cafe Jaffa!

• cjg1's Profile Photo
      May 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Yeah, that was a great meal...definitely going back there next visit. So yum!

• tomorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I enjoy visiting Boston,too. I will be there on april again.

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Hey Chris its very strange snowed and then warm.I don't understand.But in Delhi like your Boston home pictur is spring.Now i am in delhi next week go to Rajasthan again for 14 days cheers take care.

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 9:48 PM

Hello there Chris, The pubs in Boston on my to do list for sure. I'll have to come back and check the rest out...Donna :)

• Nov 5, 2006 at 11:36 AM

What a great town. Reminds me a lot of Karlsruhe. Walking and whatnot.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2006 at 5:16 PM

My mother is from Boston. Lovely city. I've enjoyed reading your tips...

• diver-x's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 9:34 AM

Hi Chris! Nice pics! Nice meeting you, and glad you had a great time. Hopefully we'll be able to get to NYC soon... Take care!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2003 at 9:43 AM

Great snappys Chris! I won't be able to do my annual pilgrimage to New England in the Fall and your pics remind me of just what I always miss!!

• Nov 15, 2003 at 3:44 PM

Great photos, Chris! I love the one on the first page.

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Boston