Fort Lauderdale Nightlife Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination

Fort Lauderdale Nightlife: 59 reviews and 141 photos

A Nice Place to Relax by the Water - Fort Lauderdale
Elements: A Nice Place to Relax by the Water

Elements is the bar/lounge area at the Hilton Marina Hotel. We were staying at the hotel for a conference and decided to spend some time relaxing here in the afternoon before heading out for Happy Hour.

We chose to sit in the outdoor section closest to the marina. We had a seat at one of the many comfy white couches with pillows. To me this was a perefect way to unwind after a day of seminars. The weather was beautiful, not too hot with a breeze and the view of the marina was quite nice.

• Updated Jun 15, 2011
My wife and her Bubbles... (April 2011) - Fort Lauderdale

My wife and her Bubbles... (April 2011)

Captain's Reception: Cocktails and Hors d’oevres

Having Platnium ststus on RCL has its perks; one of them being the Captain's Reception. The Captain's reception aboard the Navigator of the Seas was held in the Ixtapa Lounge. The reception included a free buffet of appetizers as well as complimentary drinks. As always we enjoy the bubbly as well as meeting fellow cruisers.

• Updated Jun 7, 2011
The G: Poolside Cocktails and Food

• Written May 19, 2011
My wife and her Dacquiri (April 2011) - Fort Lauderdale

My wife and her Dacquiri (April 2011)

The Plaza Bar (Navigator of the Seas): Drinks on Deck

The Plaza Bar is a nice spot to grab a drink. We usually head here for a drink right before sail away. It's convieniently located to head to the upper decks for a nice view as the boat leaves port.

During our last cruise aboard the Navigator (April 2011); our first bar stop was here for a beer and a dacquiri.

• Updated May 19, 2011
My wife enjoying her Mango Margarita - Fort Lauderdale

My wife enjoying her Mango Margarita

Carlos & Pepe's: Good Drinks

Carlos & Pepe's was a convenient option from us first for a meal then for drinks and snacks later in the week. This place was right down the street from the Embassy Suites; a short five minute walk and about a ten minute walk from the Hilton Marina (We were in town for a cruise and for a conference afterwards). The restaurant is located in a strip mall on busy 17th street.

This was a nice Happy Hour place with a nice sized bar area. We came here several times for drinks as well as guacamole and some fried ice cream. Margaritas here are very good and they have a nice variety to choose from on the menu. My wife was quite fond of their Mango Margarita; it had real bits of Mango which she loved. The beer selection here is quite good with several different domestic and specialty brands as well as Mexican beers.

This is a nice option for drinks or just for dessert. Their fried ice cream is out of this world...the best I have had anywhere.

• Updated May 3, 2011
Liz and her Stella - Fort Lauderdale

Liz and her Stella

Kelly's Landing: Happy Hour Fun with Mary Kate

My wife and I were in Fort Lauderdale for a convention and were looking for a nice place for Happy Hour. We had heard from friend that Kelly’s Landing was a good place for food and drinks; so we had to check it out.

The place was a decent walk from our Hotel but it was good weather so we didn’t mind in the least. Kelly’s Landing specializes in seafood especially New England style. As soon as we walked in there was the bar area. It was a good size with plenty of stools. To the right of the bar is the dining room. We chose to have a seat at the bar and check out the menu. Boston images, logos and sports memorabilia are on the walls of the joint.

The bartender was Mary Kate. Wow, she was awesome (and also a fellow New Yorker but we kept that quiet since this is a “Boston” bar). We decided to start with some beer; a Miller Lite for me and a Stella for Liz as we perused the menu. We wanted a snack but had trouble deciding between the crab cakes and the spinach dip. Thankfully Mary Kate intervened and told us to try the Onion Rings instead; she said the other items were blah in comparison. So we took her advice and went for a half order of rings.

Our rings arrived and I was surprised at the large portion despite it only being a “half order”. The rings were incredibly good; the batter was light and tasty. My wife and I devoured them; they were so good. Mary Kate grew up in upstate New York so she and I knew alot about each other's home towns. My wife and she had some long discussions about MS; both Liz's Dad and MAry Kate are afflicted with the disease. We all talked as if we knew each other for years; it was quite amazing. After a couple of rounds of beer and great conversation with Mary Kate; we decided to head off to dinner.

I have to admit I had the most fun here at Kelly’s Landing. It was a fun place with a casual vibe that made us feel at home. So if you are in Fort Lauderdale; definitely stop at Kelly’s Landing and say Hi to Mary Kate!

Address: 1305 SE 17th Street

Phone: 954-760-7009

Website: http://www.kellyslandingseafood.com

• Updated Apr 21, 2011
Liz and her partner Brad - Fort Lauderdale

Liz and her partner Brad

Club Fusion (Emerald Princess): The Hoe Down with Julio

Club Fusion is one of the dance clubs on board the Emerald Princess. Our friends Mindy and John asked us if we wanted to go dancing and of course Liz said yes. Little did she know it was a "Hoe Down" theme in Club Fusion that night with country western dancing. John & Mindy live in Nashville so I figured it would be something of this variety of dance...Liz on the other hand was taken aback at the country dancing (being a city girl this was foreign to her). Angie and I had a seat at the bar while Liz decided to be a good sport and try the dancing out with Mindy and John.

The instructor "Julio" had very poor English skills and an incredibly thick accent to boot which made it next to impossible to understand his direction and his assistant Brad was of little help (he kept telling Liz to pay attention since he had no idea how to do the dance). The first dance I laughed my butt off as Liz went right and the crowd went left...oh well she tried(maybe it was the champagne...). Julio was calling out steps in a thick accent and all we could understand was "Donkey, Donkey"....whatever that was supposed to mean. The next dance was easier and had cha cha steps so Liz was in her element and was able to master the dance round and round in the circle with her new partner "Brad". After quite awhile Liz finally came back to the table with her tale of country dancing a la Julio. It's one of those events that all of us will remember and have a good laugh about.

Dress Code: Casual

Theme: Dancing

• Updated Nov 10, 2009
Me and my Baby Girl (thanks for the pic Steve) - Fort Lauderdale

Me and my Baby Girl (thanks for the pic Steve)

Crooner's Bar (Emerald Princess): A Fun Martini Bar

Crooner's is the Martini Bar on the Emerald Princess. The bar has several seating options: bar stools at the bar as well as couches and chairs with tables (some with window views). There is nighly entertainment at the bar with a piano player. The bar has a large selection of Martinis to chose from as well as wine, champagne, hard liquor and mixed drinks.

The drinks here are very good and a nice size. Liz and I found ourselves here daily for a drink and to catch some entertainment. The service here was phenomenal and we enjoyed chatting with the bartender Jake and several other patrons. It was a fun; yet relaxing place to hang.

My drinks of choice when at Crooner's were some Johnny walker Blue and their Mudslides. The JW Blue was only $12.50 a glass which to me was a good price. The Mudslides were in huge glasses and topped with whipped cream; very delicious. Liz was in a Margarita mode and stuck to her Margaritas at this bar. The Margaritas were served in very large glasses with plenty of salt on the rim. Orange and lime slices decorated the top of the glass.

Dress Code: Casual but no bathingsuit attire.

• Updated Nov 5, 2009
Nautical Themed Lounge - Fort Lauderdale
Wheelhouse Bar: Nautical Themed Lounge

The Wheelhouse Bar is one of the larger bar/lounges on the boat (big enough to have the Muster Drill here). The theme here is Nautical with lots of seafaring decor, accents and memorabilia. There are several large chairs and couches strewn throughout as well as a sizeable bar area with stools. A stage is on one side of the room for nightly entertainment and dancing. We found ourselves here a few times to relax and have a few drinks. The bar serves the usual, wine, beer, champagne, hard liquor and mixed drinks. This bar has a nice quiet atmosphere (when there is no entertainment scheduled) and we frequently saw people playing cards here.

One night we started talking to an older couple who just happened to come from the same neighborhood in the Bronx as Liz. Anthony actually went to the same grammar school as Liz...what a small world.

• Updated Nov 4, 2009
David on Piano - Fort Lauderdale

David on Piano

Crooner's: Scotland on Piano with David Moore

Our friends Nancy and Angie suggested we go to Crooner's to see David Moore's performance. David Moore is a funny , funny guy who plays piano and gives hysterical commentary. Our friend Nancy and David go way back and of course we had to see him for ourselves. We arrived early and had a seat in the lounge. The bunch of us sat close to the piano so we wouldn't miss a thing. David was hysterical and played a variety of classical tunes as well as some of his own creation such as "The Masochism Tango"; which was a laugh riot. He has fun interacting with the audience and I think most people aren't smart enough to get his witty brand of humor.

Theme: Nightclub

• Updated Nov 2, 2009

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale

Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?

Top 10 Fort Lauderdale Things to Do