"The Venice of America" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale by cjg1
Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide: 672 reviews and 1,416 photos
Fort Lauderdale has become a place for Liz and I to hop on a cruise ship bound for the Caribbean. Port Everglades serves so many cruise ships: Carnival, Princess, Celebrity,Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and more. My wife and I have enjoyed several cruises from this port.
According to the locals they call Fort Lauderdale "The Venice of America" due to its expansive and intricate canal system. To me it's as if you are comparing apples and oranges but hey its their right to be proud of their city.
Fort Lauderdale has so many options for visitors: beaches, boating, shopping, cruising, dining and countless water sports.
When we want to escape the cold New York weather Fort Lauderdale is always a good option whether it's for a weekend or longer.
Fort Lauderdale has many hotels to accommodate any type of travel from budget to luxury. Many hotels are close to the water or the beach which makes it a nice fun in the sun trip.
The area restaurants and bars offers some incredible drinks as well as fresh seafood. For some excellent food and drinks; hop on a water taxi and try one of the many waterfront restaurants. My wife and I love the 15th Street Fisheries for their delicious peel and eat shrimp and gator bites.
- Pros:A Nice getaway from the everyday
- In a nutshell:Escaping the cold New York Winter!
- See All Aquaclass Stateroom
- See All Stocking up the Room
- See All Decent Food
- See All If You Can't Feed Yourself.....
- See All Use the Room Safe
cjg1's Related Pages
Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Venice of America"
- "fort lauderdale"
- "Fort Lauderdale - Venice of America"
- "A MUCH needed break in the Sun"
- "Ft Lauderdale"
- "A LONG OVER DUE VISIT TO SEE AN OLD FRIEND"
- "Ft. Lauderdale, cruise port"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
- Transportation in Fort Lauderdale
- Nightlife in Fort Lauderdale
- Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
- Shopping in Fort Lauderdale
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Lauderdale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale
- 112 Reviews
- 455 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (131)
Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Lauderdale
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Traditional Vietnamese Wedding"
- Wrote a Review US Air to Ft. Lauderdale about Fort Lauderdale Airport in Fort Lauderdale Transportation
- Commented on one of cjg1's Fort Lauderdale travel pages
- updated a Fort Lauderdale Travel Page "The Venice of America"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Magnificent Ascent"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 191 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 186 reviews, 518 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 366 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues