"The Venice of America" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale by cjg1

Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide: 662 reviews and 1,395 photos

Fort Lauderdale with My Baby Girl

Fort Lauderdale has become a place for Liz and I to hop on a cruise ship bound for the Caribbean. Port Everglades serves so many cruise ships: Carnival, Princess, Celebrity,Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Holland America and more. My wife and I have enjoyed several cruises from this port.

Flying down to Fort Lauderdale

According to the locals they call Fort Lauderdale "The Venice of America" due to its expansive and intricate canal system. To me it's as if you are comparing apples and oranges but hey its their right to be proud of their city.

Fort Lauderdale has so many options for visitors: beaches, boating, shopping, cruising, dining and countless water sports.

When we want to escape the cold New York weather Fort Lauderdale is always a good option whether it's for a weekend or longer.

A Great Stay in Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale has many hotels to accommodate any type of travel from budget to luxury. Many hotels are close to the water or the beach which makes it a nice fun in the sun trip.

The area restaurants and bars offers some incredible drinks as well as fresh seafood. For some excellent food and drinks; hop on a water taxi and try one of the many waterfront restaurants. My wife and I love the 15th Street Fisheries for their delicious peel and eat shrimp and gator bites.

• Pros:A Nice getaway from the everyday
  • In a nutshell:Escaping the cold New York Winter!
  • Last visit to Fort Lauderdale: Jul 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 27, 2012

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I enjoyed the Hilton on A1A right on the beach coming back from Key West last Oct. Great location for scenery and wandering the beach.

• ines2003's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Will be reviewing your excellent tips and thanks for writing about your visits there...Cheers

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM

That was an awesome cruise baby...can't wait to do it again with our fun cruising buddies....

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM

This cruise looks great --- I've never been a cruise myself! (Just the Nile cruise which is a small boat). But I always visited my aunt in Ft Lauderdale...Hopefully, a cruise someday...Norman :)

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale

Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?