"Our First Cruise" Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Canaveral by cjg1

Cape Canaveral Travel Guide: 178 reviews and 518 photos

Sovereign of the Seas

This was my first non-government cruise (I was in the Navy) and Liz's first cruise ever. We sailed on Royal Caribbean's Sovereign of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. It was a short cruise but a good first experience. Liz tends to get motion sickness and can't swim so there were two factors she had to overcome.

The cruise was great. Our suite was wonderful and we loved the large balcony. The service and attention was top notch. The food was better than we expected and so were the drinks. The boat is an older ship and showed it on some levels but was perfect for our short cruise.

Sailing Away

Sail Away is one big party on deck. People were hanging around waiting for the ship to pull out from the dock. Liz and I grab two chairs and pulled them over to the railing. We sat and enjoyed our drinks and watched the port drift into the background. Our cruise had officially begun!

We're Hooked

After our first cruise we were hooked on cruising. We had our next cruise planned and booked less than a week after we got off the cruise.%s

• In a nutshell:Sailing Away with My Baby
  • Last visit to Cape Canaveral: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2009

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Cape Canaveral

Have you been to Cape Canaveral?

Latest Activity in Cape Canaveral