"A Beachside Town" West Haven by cjg1
West Haven Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 76 photos
West Haven is another town on the Coneticut Sound that Liz and I enjoy visiting. We have friends that live locally and it is quite easy to walk here from their house. West Haven is a short 45 minute drive from Westchester County up I-95 and makes for a nice day trip.
Liz and I often come here to enjoy a nice walk on the beach or boardwalk when the weather is nice. We also like the waterfront dining at Jimmie's, Duffy's for pub grub or Dive Bar for a local joint. If we're in the mood for some tasty beef, then we head to the Texas Roadhouse for some awesome food.
Liz and I love our beach walks and West Haven is a great place for this. We often find ourselves here for a nice seafood meal followed by a nice stroll along the water. Our most recent trip was on a beautiful, sunny Sunday. We enjoyed a late lunch at Jimmie's; some tasty Alaskan King Crab Legs on their patio. After our delicious meal we stroled along the water and relaxed on a bench in the sand. It was a perfect Summer Sunday..........
The beaches of West Haven are usually filled with families and people walking their dogs, rollerblading, biking or just sitting on a bench enjoying the view. The many piers jutting out from the beach are an excellent place to strol and enjoy the nice water and breeze.
- Pros:Good Food, Beaches and Friends
- Cons:Crowded in the Summer Months
This place is a nice bar/restaurant in the Westshore area of West Haven. It's a nice local place across from the beach... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
West Haven Travel Guide
- Things to Do in West Haven
- Hotels in West Haven
- Transportation in West Haven
- Nightlife in West Haven
- Restaurants in West Haven
- Warnings and Dangers in West Haven
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Haven
- 24 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to West Haven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Haven
Photos in West HavenSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 184 reviews, 627 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues