"Visiting Mohegan Sun" Uncasville by cjg1

Uncasville Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 438 photos

Just like most people Liz and I come to Uncasville to see Mohegan Sun. Mohegan Sun is normally a day trip or a weekend away for us. We are not gamblers but do enjoy the many shops, restaurants, bars and activities of Mohegan Sun. Mohegan Sun is a fun place to hang out and enjoying some cocktails, having a good meal, shopping, people watching, having fun with friends or seeing a show. Mohegan Sun has a nicer decor and layout than it's neighboring casino Foxwoods, so this is our choice of casino in Connecticut.

Mohegan Sun has a variety of gambling options: slot machines, poker, blackjack, craps, roulette, Caribbean stud poker, keno,baccarat, and live horse or greyhound racing from around the U.S., Australia and England. The casinos themselves have a nicer feel than Foxwood and I like the decor. Yes there is smoking in certain areas but we didn't have it as bad here as at Foxwoods.

If you're not into gambling there is still plenty to do: shopping, the spa, restuarants, bars and events such as concerts and performances. There are both casual and fine dining options as well as snacks such as Ben & Jerry's Ice cream and Krispy Creme doughnuts

We enjoy visiting Mohegan Sun with each other, with friends or with Liz's parents. Liz's parents enjoy the casino; or should I say Marie likes to gamble and Bob likes to eat. Liz and I are more of the shopping/eating type so we headed off to shop and have some drinks while her parents go off on their own before meeting back up again. We like to hit the shops especially Tiffany's, Coach and Tommy Bahama( for me). We have shopped at Tommy Bahama so often the sales staff know us by name. I can't help but shop at Tommy Bahama...I love their clothing.

The bars/lounges of Mohegan Sun always have sports on so I am guaranteed to catch a baseball game when enjoying a drink or two.

• Pros:Good Times, Good Food and Always Fun!
  • Cons:People still smoke.....
  • In a nutshell:My Choice of Casino in Connecticut
  • Last visit to Uncasville: Sep 2013
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2013

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I have heard of Foxwoods-but no idea of Mohegan Sun. It really sounds like a great sunset scene. It sounds like you all have a good time up there. Nice pictures and comments.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 6:45 AM

I'm loving my "Good Luck Charm".......rub...rub....

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Amazing glass sculptures there at Mohegan Sun - and glad you enjoy the concerts...and older women flashing br..sts, hehehe...and spotless toilets!Norman :)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Chris, nice one. It is noce to see tips dealing with disabled travellers who are often overlooked. Fortunately, I am able-bodied myserlf but noce to see you writing about the subject. fergy

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Uncasville

Have you been to Uncasville?

Latest Activity in Uncasville