"A Connecticut Town on the Sound" Norwalk by cjg1

Norwalk Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 189 photos

Norwalk is just a short ride from NYC via I-95 or on Metro North. Norwalk has the Maritime Aquarium which draws visitors from young to old to the town. Norwalk is full of shops and restaurants and is very walkable. We enjoycoming to Norwalk for a good meal, shopping, The Aquarium or for one of the local fesitivals such as the Oyster Festival or the SoNo Arts Festival.

Norwalk is an easy town to walk so bar hopping can be an activity; especially in the summer when the weather is nice. There are planty of places to grab a good meal, have some drinks and watch a sporting event. Norwalk is one of the towns I prefer to watch football on the weekends or during the week. We do our weekly food shopping in Norwlak and often grab a good meal or catch a movie before our shopping excursion.

During the week South Norwalk or SoNo as it's called can be rather dead(which we like)except for some locals, ciommuters and the occasional bus filled with tourists or school children on a trip t the Aquarium or other historical sights. We fortunately live close to the Connecticut border so Norwalk is just a short ride on I-95 for some of our favorite restaurants: Chocopologie, The Black Bear and Barcelona, Burger Bistro, and the Ginger Man.

• Last visit to Norwalk: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I used to have relatives in South Norwalk and often went up there on the train on weekends during my student years in New York City. This was a long time ago, however, and Chocopologie hadn't even been thought of yet.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Another fab Happy Hour with the crazies.......

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Norwalk

Have you been to Norwalk?

Latest Activity in Norwalk