"A Connecticut Town on the Sound" Norwalk by cjg1
Norwalk Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 189 photos
Norwalk is just a short ride from NYC via I-95 or on Metro North. Norwalk has the Maritime Aquarium which draws visitors from young to old to the town. Norwalk is full of shops and restaurants and is very walkable. We enjoycoming to Norwalk for a good meal, shopping, The Aquarium or for one of the local fesitivals such as the Oyster Festival or the SoNo Arts Festival.
Norwalk is an easy town to walk so bar hopping can be an activity; especially in the summer when the weather is nice. There are planty of places to grab a good meal, have some drinks and watch a sporting event. Norwalk is one of the towns I prefer to watch football on the weekends or during the week. We do our weekly food shopping in Norwlak and often grab a good meal or catch a movie before our shopping excursion.
During the week South Norwalk or SoNo as it's called can be rather dead(which we like)except for some locals, ciommuters and the occasional bus filled with tourists or school children on a trip t the Aquarium or other historical sights. We fortunately live close to the Connecticut border so Norwalk is just a short ride on I-95 for some of our favorite restaurants: Chocopologie, The Black Bear and Barcelona, Burger Bistro, and the Ginger Man.
We chose to stay at this location for two reasons: good price and I needed a Hilton stay not far from home. The hotel is... more travel advice
Rivals is a Sportsbar/restaurant in the SoNo section of Norwalk's Main Street. The place is rather large with a big bar... more travel advice
Written Sep 7, 2009
Roadtripping Through Norwalk
Written Feb 3, 2013
cjg1's Related Pages
Norwalk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Great town to visit in Connecticut"
- "A Connecticut Town on the Sound"
- "Southern Connecticut"
- "WHERE THE CITY AND THE COUNTRY MEET"
- "My Norwalk experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norwalk
- Hotels in Norwalk
- Transportation in Norwalk
- Nightlife in Norwalk
- Restaurants in Norwalk
- Shopping in Norwalk
- Warnings and Dangers in Norwalk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Norwalk
- 28 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Norwalk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norwalk
Photos in NorwalkSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues