"Sun and Fun in Niantic" Niantic by cjg1
Niantic Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 25 photos
Niantic is a nice little town right of of I-95. Liz and I had passed it numerous times on roadtrips North and finally decided to check it out. We experienced some of the typical "summer" traffic on the way up but it was worth it for this visit. We enjoyed a beautiful sunny day walking the various parks and boardwalk; while enjoying water views. The town has some great local restaurants with an emphasis on seafood of course. The shops are very nice and have an ecclectic feel to them along with some nice antiques.
We enjoyed our day in Niantic and can't wait to return for some further exploration.
Niantic small seaside village easily on the Coast of Connecticut right on the Long Island Sound. Niantic is the only community on the Connecticut coast where the "Main Street" runs parallel to the beautiful Long Island Sound. Downtown Niantic has various restaurants, shops, entertainment, parks and lodgings.
The town has some nice beaches and tranquil spots with water views. Because of it's proximity to the water Niantic has many water activities such as boating, jet skiing and fishing.
Niantic is a perfect stop for us. We like small unspoiled waterfront towns. It was a great day with my baby girl walking along the water, doing some shopping and grabbing a bite to eat. I was impressed that besides Dunkin Doughnuts there were no chain restaurants in town. The small locally owned shops were a pleasure to shop in. The sales people were typically the owners and very friendly.
- In a nutshell:A Friendly Town by the Water
Niantic is a perfect spot for boating, jetskiing and swimming. There were plenty of people on fishing boats, pleasure... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Niantic Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Niantic
- 10 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to Niantic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Niantic
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 347 reviews, 1392 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 184 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 121 reviews, 359 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 98 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Buenos Aires Intro, 100 reviews, 298 photos, 6 travelogues
Latest Niantic hotel reviews
- Days Inn Niantic
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 30, 2012