"A Seaside Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic by cjg1
Mystic Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 469 photos
Mystic is a historical town ith a rich nautical past. Mystic is located right on the Mystic River that flows right into the Long Island Sound and then out to sea. Mystic is a nice place to spend the day visiting Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, The Mystic Village shops or to have a nice meal at one of the many downtown restaurants.
Mystic has become a part of our roadtripping through New England Adventure. We often stop here to visit, shop,stay overnight or grab a meal.
I enjoy nautical history especially history involving tall ships. Mystic Seaport provides a nice look back at the history of both leisure, military and commercial sailing. The re-creation of the 19th century village is a fun way to see how a town functioned and lived not so long ago. The exhibits and ships are very interesting. It's best to stop in and visit when the weather is nice and you can enjoy a stroll by the water.
The Aquarium is also a favorite of mine. The Aquarium is small but has some nice exhibits. I enjoy the penguins the best. The Aquarium is another fun stop on my Mystic tour when visiting. So definitely stop in and check it out.
Mystic is one of those friendly New England towns despite it being a tourist destination. Everyone from shop clerks, restaurant staff and historical site staff are friendly and nice. We love our trips here to Mystic and can't wait for our next visit.
- In a nutshell:A Nice Day Trip
The Steak Loft is a restaurant located right off og I-95 near the Mystik Village Shops. We were on a roadtrip headed... more travel advice
Boating seems to be the thing to do for locals and tourists alike. Mystic is right on the water so it make sense to hop... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Mystic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yo Ho Ho, and a bottle of Rum"
- "A Seaside Town"
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT--A seafaring village"
- "Many faces of Mystic....."
- "Mystic, CT"
- "Keeweechic's Mystic"
- "Mystic Seaport, Connecticut"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic
- Hotels in Mystic
- Transportation in Mystic
- Nightlife in Mystic
- Restaurants in Mystic
- Shopping in Mystic
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic
- 18 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Mystic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic
Photos in MysticSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues