"A Nice Water Side Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Mystic by cjg1
Mystic Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 498 photos
Mystic is a historical town ith a rich nautical past. Mystic is located right on the Mystic River that flows right into the Long Island Sound and then out to sea. Mystic is a nice place to spend the day visiting Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, The Mystic Village shops or to have a nice meal at one of the many downtown restaurants.
Mystic has become a part of our roadtripping through New England Adventure over the years. We often stop here to visit, shop,stay overnight or grab a meal. Since we moved to Connecticut; Mystic is very close by; being only 45 minutes from our house. It's not unusual for us to just stop in during the week for a nice dinner after work. We recently came here with the family to visit the Aquarium with our nephew, enjoy a nice dinner and do some shopping. It was a fun day and we all enjoyed watching Robert experience all the exhibits at the Aquarium.
I enjoy nautical history especially history involving tall ships. Mystic Seaport provides a nice look back at the history of both leisure, military and commercial sailing. The re-creation of the 19th century village is a fun way to see how a town functioned and lived not so long ago. The exhibits and ships are very interesting. It's best to stop in and visit when the weather is nice and you can enjoy a stroll by the water.
The Aquarium is also a favorite of mine. The Aquarium is small but has some nice exhibits. I enjoy the penguins the best. The Aquarium is another fun stop on my Mystic tour when visiting. So definitely stop in and check it out.
Mystic is one of those friendly New England towns despite it being a tourist destination. Everyone from shop clerks, restaurant staff and historical site staff are friendly and nice. We love our trips here to Mystic and can't wait for our next visit.
- See All For the Chef in everyone...
- See All Mystic Restuarant Week 2014
- See All An Okay Stay
- Come Sail Away
cjg1's Related Pages
Mystic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yo Ho Ho, and a bottle of Rum"
- "A Nice Water Side Town"
- "MYSTIC SEAPORT--A seafaring village"
- "Many faces of Mystic....."
- "Mystic, CT"
- "Keeweechic's Mystic"
- "Exploring this historical town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mystic
- Hotels in Mystic
- Transportation in Mystic
- Nightlife in Mystic
- Restaurants in Mystic
- Shopping in Mystic
- Warnings and Dangers in Mystic
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mystic
- 28 Reviews
- 145 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Mystic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mystic
Photos in MysticSee All Photos (145)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 217 reviews, 697 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 154 reviews, 639 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 153 reviews, 540 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 189 reviews, 380 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues