"Cool Connecticut Town on the Long Island Sound" Top 5 Page for this destination Milford by cjg1

Milford Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 331 photos

Milford is a nice Connecticut town right on the Long Island Sound. This was once a pass through town for us on a roadtrip or when visiting friends but now we live close by. Since we live in the area we spend some time shopping and dining here; thankfully there are some great restaurants and shopping options. The beaches here are great and we enjoy our beach walks; especially at Silver Sands State Park. When I think of Milford I think of good times with Liz and our friends.

There are plenty of food options in Milford and the surrounding areas of Orange and West Haven (you literally pass through Milford, Orange and West Haven all on one drag). Some excellent food options in the area are: The Texas Roadhouse, Colony Grill, Star of India, and Bin 100. There are other fast food and chain places such as Coromandel, Bertucci's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, TGI Friday's, Dip Top, IHOP, Chili's and a few good diners as well.

You definitely won't go hungry in this town.

Shopping in Milford is quite easy with a mall and tons of strip malls along the main drag. We often shop in the Westfield Mall and love their clean and well stocked Macy's. The Jos. A Banks here has an excellent selections of clothes for me and Liz loves the Christmas Tree Shop, Barnes & Noble, Ann Taylor and White House Black Market in this town. We often find ourselves shopping here and finding some really good bargains; especially during a holiday weekend or after Christmas.

• Pros:Good Times, Good Food and Good Friends
  • Last visit to Milford: Jun 2015
  • Intro Updated Jun 2, 2015

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2015 at 3:52 PM

When you mentioned Long Island Sound it reminds me of a place called King's Point the home ground of United States Merchant Marine Academy which I am supposed to pay a visit but instead chose West Point on the Hudson river due to running out of time.

Chinggis K

• cjg1's Profile Photo
      Jun 4, 2015 at 5:41 AM

I've been to both. I grew up very near to West Point.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Shop till you drop, eat till we bust.....yup that's Milford for us...lol...

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Milford

Have you been to Milford?

Photos in Milford