"Visiting Foxwoods" Ledyard Center by cjg1

Ledyard Center Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 82 photos

Liz and I wound up at Foxwoods for one simple reason; I have never been here before. We were up early and I was antsy to get out for a drive. I had mentioned I had never been to Foxwoods and off we went. There was more to Foxwoods than I had anticipated. Neither of us are big gamblers so we spent some time wandering around the casinos, browsing in and out of shops, grabbing a snack and taking it all in. After having our fill of seeing Foxwoods and throwing in a few bucks to the slot machine, the smoke finally began to get to us so we hopped in the car and headed south for some dinner.

After our visit to Foxwoods I can say I was there. I don't see us coming back here though. We are not gamblers, the smoke was killing us and the food is overpriced. If you are a gambler I can understand the draw of this place: plenty of accomodations, lots of tables and slots, plenty of food options, shopping and the spa and golf. So this casino is a gambler's paradise....we are just not "gamblers".

If gambling is your forte; then Foxwoods is for you. Foxwoods has six casinos filled with over 7,000 slot machines and 400 tables for different types of table games. Foxwoods also has a variety of accomodations whether you are spending the night or weekend: Grand Pequot Tower, Great Cedar Hotel, Two Trees Inn or the MGM Grand.

Foxwoods also has plenty of food options to choose from upscale dining to a buffet experience. Some of the restaurants available at Foxwoods: Paragon, David Burke Prime, Al Dente, Cedars, Burke in the Box, Veranda Cafe, Golden Dragon, Stadium Sports Bar & Grill, The Grill at Two Trees, Hard Rock Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, Fudruckers, Panera Bread, Nathan's Ben & Jerry's, Carnegie Deli, Festival Bufet and more.

There are plenty of shops selling everingthing from Foxwoods tee shirts to a Rolex watch.So that shopper in your life can shop till they drop.

Foxwoods also offers golf, a Spa and a variety of concerts and live entertainment.

The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation operates Foxwoods. Some of the tribal influence and heritage is reflected in the various statues, artwork and displays throughout the Casino and Resort.

• Pros:A New Destination with my Baby
  • Cons:Horrible smoking everywhere....
  • In a nutshell:A Strange Stop for Ice Cream
  • Last visit to Ledyard Center: Nov 2014
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2014

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Ledyard Center

Have you been to Ledyard Center?