"Visiting Foxwoods" Ledyard Center by cjg1
Ledyard Center Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 88 photos
Foxwoods is one of the two Casino options in the state of Connecticut. Foxwoods has plenty of accommodations, lots of tables and slots, plenty of food options, shopping and the spa and golf. My wife and I personally prefer Mohegan Sun so it is quite rare we wind up here unless we have a specific purpose
Our most recent visit here in April 2016 was for some shopping at the Tanger Outlets at the Casino. We really make a killing here buying alot of clothes for our nieces and nephew as well as ourselves. Many of the stores had huge discounts and we had several 25% off coupons. The outlets have a nice variety of stores; many that you can find in most Outlet centers. We belong to the Tanger Club which provides some nice coupons and discounts. We also receive additional discounts with our AAA membership. As with any type of outlet shopping; being an informed consumer allows you to identify a real bargain price.
If gambling is your forte; then Foxwoods is for you. Foxwoods has six casinos filled with over 7,000 slot machines and 400 tables for different types of table games. Foxwoods also has a variety of accomodations whether you are spending the night or weekend: Grand Pequot Tower, Great Cedar Hotel, Two Trees Inn or the MGM Grand.
Foxwoods also has plenty of food options to choose from upscale dining to a buffet experience. Some of the restaurants available at Foxwoods: Paragon, David Burke Prime, Al Dente, Cedars, Burke in the Box, Veranda Cafe, Golden Dragon, Stadium Sports Bar & Grill, The Grill at Two Trees, Hard Rock Cafe, California Pizza Kitchen, Fudruckers, Panera Bread, Nathan's Ben & Jerry's, Carnegie Deli, Festival Bufet and more.
There are plenty of shops selling everingthing from Foxwoods tee shirts to a Rolex watch.So that shopper in your life can shop till they drop. They recently opened up the Tanger Outlets here which just adds to the shopping offerings.
Foxwoods also offers golf, a Spa and a variety of concerts and live entertainment.
The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation operates Foxwoods. Some of the tribal influence and heritage is reflected in the various statues, artwork and displays throughout the Casino and Resort.
- Pros:A New Destination with my Baby
- Cons:Horrible smoking everywhere....
- In a nutshell:A Strange Stop for Ice Cream
Junior's has two locations at Foxwoods; a small counter style shop and a full service restaurant. Junior's is famous for... more travel advice
We parked in on of the parking garages of the Casino. It is very easy to forget where you have parked and what level.... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Ledyard Center Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My All Your Cards Be Live and Pots Be Monsters"
- "Visiting Foxwoods"
- "Foxwoods Casino"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ledyard Center
- Hotels in Ledyard Center
- Transportation in Ledyard Center
- Nightlife in Ledyard Center
- Restaurants in Ledyard Center
- Shopping in Ledyard Center
- Warnings and Dangers in Ledyard Center
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ledyard Center
- 18 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Ledyard Center?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ledyard Center
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 217 reviews, 692 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 154 reviews, 633 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 152 reviews, 539 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 189 reviews, 379 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues