"Another Charming Connecticut Town" Guilford by cjg1
Guilford Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 43 photos
Guilford is a charming New England town that my wife and I frequented for several years primarily for Bishop's Orchard. Now we live rather close to Guilfod and have had fun exploring this town and getting to know the major attractions. Guilford is an old town being settled in 1639 which gives it some amazing architecture from many different periods.
The main attraction in town is the town Green which is a nice place to walk, relax on the gras sor enjoy one of the shops or restaurants along the perimeters of the green. We have visited a few historic houses here and enjoy the waterfron area as well. Maybe our favorite hsitoric house might come available on the market soon and we can snatch it up...I'd love that.
A Great Farm Market is always appreciated by me; expecially Bishop's in Guilford. Liz and I live close by and enjoy shopping here for fresh, local products. Bishops is a great farm and market that has some terrific fresh produce, fruit, cheeses, plants, flowers, desserts, breads and even wine.
Summer and Fall are our favorite times to shop here. Summer peaches and berries, fresh sweet corn, very delicious. Autumn squash, pumpkins and apples are delicious items to enjoy during the Fall months.
We recently came here with the family to do some Pumpkin Picking with little Robert. It was a fun day of gathering pumpkins, chasing him through the corn maze, face painting, mini tractors, apple cider and doughnuts. It was a good day with a little drizzle of rain but we all had a good time.
As well as purchasing some Halloween pumpkins; we wound up with some colorful mums, apple cider and doughnuts to bring home. My MIL wound up taking up most of the back of our truck with her purchases as she couldn't decide what colors she wanted in Mums so she bought one of each.
My wife and I have been exploring Connecticut and Rhode Island this summer for the best Lobster Roll. In New England... more travel advice
Bishop's Market is the place to shop for fresh fruit, vegetables, breads, cheeses, prepared foods, meat, juices, snacks,... more travel advice
Written Oct 10, 2016
Pumpkin Picking @ Bishop's Orchard
Written Oct 10, 2016
cjg1's Related Pages
Guilford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Only a flying (well, driving) visit..."
- "Another Charming Connecticut Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guilford
- 12 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (156)
Have you been to Guilford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guilford
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 221 reviews, 697 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 154 reviews, 639 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 153 reviews, 540 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 189 reviews, 380 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 104 reviews, 366 photos, 10 travelogues