"Another Charming Connecticut Town" Guilford by cjg1

Guilford Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 24 photos

Guilford is a charming New England town that my wife and I frequented for several years primarily for Bishop's Orchard. Now we live rather close to Guilfod and have had fun exploring this town and getting to know the major attractions. Guilford is an old town being settled in 1639 which gives it some amazing architecture from many different periods.

The main attraction in town is the town Green which is a nice place to walk, relax on the gras sor enjoy one of the shops or restaurants along the perimeters of the green. We have visited a few historic houses here and enjoy the waterfron area as well. Maybe our favorite hsitoric house might come available on the market soon and we can snatch it up...I'd love that.

A Great Farm Market is always appreciated by me; expecially Bishop's in Guilford. Liz and I live close by and enjoy shopping here for fresh, local products. Bishops is a great farm and market that has some terrific fresh produce, fruit, cheeses, plants, flowers, desserts, breads and even wine.

Summer and Fall are our favorite times to shop here. Summer peaches and berries, fresh sweet corn, very delicious. Autumn squash, pumpkins and apples are delicious items to enjoy during the Fall months.

• Last visit to Guilford: Dec 2014
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2015

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Guilford

Have you been to Guilford?

Latest Activity in Guilford