Turks and Caicos Islands Things to Do Tips by cjg1 Top 5 Page for this destination
Turks and Caicos Islands Things to Do: 29 reviews and 91 photos
Sapodilla Bay is a nice stretch of beach on the south side of Provo. The water here is very blue and crystal clear; perfect for swimming. The beach has that wonderful powder sand that can be found all over the island.
My wife enjoying the beach (November 2009)
Provo is a great destination for beach and water-sports enthusiasts. The beaches here are pristine and beautiful. The water is crystal clear and very clean. Boating, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba are perfect activities on Provo; the surf isn't rough and the winds are perfect for sailing.
There are many resorts on Provo whether you are single, a couple or traveling with family. Grace Bay is littered with resorts that range from affordable to luxury; any one can find one to match their budget.
So if romance is the agenda or a fun family vacation; Provo has it all.
Treasure Beach was a section of beach where you can find the island vendors selling their goods and where the weekly beach party took place. The beach was a small section and very crowded with vendors and families. We only walked this beach during the late afternoon when it was less crowded and when we wanted to shop for souvenirs.
Enjoying the Beach (May 2011)
Grace Bay is the perfect area for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts . The water is crystal clear and the sand is soft. It is one of our favorite spots on Provo.
Grace Bay is full of activity: catamarans, snorkeling, scuba, swimming, kayaks and just lounging on the beach. Grace Bay is part of the Princess Alexandra National Park and therefore enjoys enforced protection by law. No jet skis or water-skiing is allowed due to the reefs. The reefs provide protecting from rough surf which makes the beach area quite calm and safe for adults and children to swim without worry.
Little Water Cay is an uninhabited island but has plenty of natives such as iguanas and ospreys. We booked an excursion to the island to see the iguanas. Little Water Cay is protected as part of the Princes Alexandra National Park.
Liz and I hopped aboard a boat with several other resort guest for a nice ride to Little Water Cay. We were told ahead of time to not bring anything but our cameras onto the island; no garbage or outside material should be left on the island. We were also told not to feed or touch the iguanas; that was an easy rule to follow. We arrived at the island; hopped off the boat and were greated by a guide. As we walked the island we saw sevearl birds and plenty of Iguanas. The iguanas barely seemed to noticed us as they were busy walking around or sunning themselves on the beach. Liz snaped away pics and they didn't seem to mind one bit.
Visiting the island was a fun experience and I was glad we took the excursion.
The Cruise Center of Grand Turk has a large shopping center full of duty free shops. The shops sell: jewelry, perfume, clothing, swimwear, liquor, porcelain, crystal and the local souveniers.
The center also has Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville if you are looking to have a meal, snack or a drink.
The transportation hub within the center can arrange a taxi, rental car, van, bus or water excursion for you.
Enjoying the beautiful beach (11/08)
Our first time to Grand Turk was during a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was the first time that the RC Line had been to Grand Turk. The dock was relatively new and so was the beach buildings. We were the only ship there that day and we had the island all to ourselves. The beaches were beautiful with white sand. The water was crystal clear and a spectrum of lovely blue hues. I proposed to my wife on one of the dive piers in Grand Turk in 2008. It was the perfect setting to our special day in Grand Turk.
When we returned in October 2009 on a Princess Cruise the area was a bit built up since our last visit but the natural beauty was still there. We visited once again recently in July 2010 aboard the Caribbean Princess. The beach was built up a bit more with new palm trees and more sand as well as some new shops.
A Pint of Turks Head in the Pub
The local beer in T&C is Turks Head. It has two varities a dark beer and a lager. From our fisrst visit to T&C; we loved this beer. My wife and I enjoyed several of the Turks Head Lagers on the beach, in the pool or hanging out at one of the many island bars. It is light, crisp beeer which is perfect for enjoying in the heat.
More Reviews (30)
- See All Arrival Via Cruise Ship
- See All Incredible Sunsets
- Duty Free Liquor
- See All Don't forget the Passport
- Caribbean Cuisine
cjg1's Related Pages
Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Special Islands in My Life"
- "Turks & Caicos - Almost Paradise Found"
- "Turks & Caico's-Carribeans last Tropical Paradise"
- "A Diver's Delight"
- "Pretty Beach, Warm Waters, Turtles,"
- "Provo Isle"
- "Beaches Resort at Providenciales, Turks & Caicos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Hotels in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Transportation in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Nightlife in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Restaurants in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Shopping in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Turks and Caicos Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turks and Caicos Islands
- 179 Reviews
- 834 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Turks and Caicos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turks and Caicos Islands
Photos in Turks and Caicos IslandsSee All Photos (834)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 191 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 179 reviews, 507 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 366 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues