"Special Islands in My Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Turks and Caicos Islands by cjg1
Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide: 351 reviews and 1,505 photos
Turks and Caicos has a special place in my heart; in particular Grand Turk and Providenciales. The first time I ever visted the Turks and Caicos Islands was with my wife (at the time my girlfriend). We got engaged later that first visit on the island of Grand Turk. We visited T&C a few more times before deciding to have our Weddingmoon on the island of Providenciales.
T&C to us has been full of happy memories of laughter, fun, exploration and love. The beauty of the islands makes a perfect setting for two people in love. These islands will always be special to my wife and I.
Our first time to Grand Turk was during a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was the first time that the RC Line had been to Grand Turk. The dock was relatively new and so was the beach buildings. We were the only ship there that day and we had the island all to ourselves. The beaches were beautiful with white sand. The water was crystal clear and a spectrum of lovely blue hues. It was the perfect setting to our special day in Grand Turk.
When we returned in October 2009 on a Princess Cruise the area was a bit built up since our last visit but the natural beauty was still there. We visited once again recently in July 2010 aboard the Caribbean Princess. The beach was built up a bit more with new palm trees and more sand as well as some new shops.
Liz and I decided to Honeymoon in Provo when we got engaged in November 2008. I should really call it a WeddingMoon or at least that's what the people at the resort said since we got married again on the island and then honeymooned in November 2009.
Provo was the perfect setting for our sunset beach-side ceremony. The water was beautiful and blue and the sky was a blaze of colors. I was dressed in a linen shirt and pants while Liz wore her wedding dress. We were barefoot in the sand as we once again took our vows to love each other for eternity. It was an incredible evening and I couldn't have asked for a more ideal setting in paradise.
After our ceremony we enjoyed a candlelit dinner for two on the beach with some incredible food and champagne. It was a perfect start to our honeymoon....
Since our honeymoon we have returned to our special island of Provo several times to enjoy the island splendor. Our trip in May 2011 was incredible despite a few rainy days.
- In a nutshell:Our Special Islands
Grand Turk is the only island of the Turks and Caicos that is a cruise port. My wife and I have taken several cruise... more travel advice
The Infiniti Bar at the Grace Bay Club is the longest bar in the Caribbean. It stretches 90 feet from the Grace Bay Club... more travel advice
- See All Don't forget the Passport
- See All Cockburn Town (Grand Turk)
- Caribbean Cuisine
- See All Take an Ocean Dip
cjg1's Related Pages
Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Special Islands in My Life"
- "Turks & Caicos - Almost Paradise Found"
- "Turks & Caico's-Carribeans last Tropical Paradise"
- "A Diver's Delight"
- "Pretty Beach, Warm Waters, Turtles,"
- "Provo Isle"
- "Beaches Resort at Providenciales, Turks & Caicos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Hotels in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Transportation in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Nightlife in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Restaurants in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Shopping in Turks and Caicos Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Turks and Caicos Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turks and Caicos Islands
- 179 Reviews
- 834 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Turks and Caicos Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turks and Caicos Islands
Photos in Turks and Caicos IslandsSee All Photos (834)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 191 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 179 reviews, 504 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues