"Special Islands in My Life" Top 5 Page for this destination Turks and Caicos Islands by cjg1

Turks and Caicos Islands Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 1,469 photos

Turks and Caicos has a special place in my heart; in particular Grand Turk and Providenciales. The first time I ever visted the Turks and Caicos Islands was with my wife (at the time my girlfriend). We got engaged later that first visit on the island of Grand Turk. We visited T&C a few more times before deciding to have our Weddingmoon on the island of Providenciales.

T&C to us has been full of happy memories of laughter, fun, exploration and love. The beauty of the islands makes a perfect setting for two people in love. These islands will always be special to my wife and I.

Grand Turk

Our first time to Grand Turk was during a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was the first time that the RC Line had been to Grand Turk. The dock was relatively new and so was the beach buildings. We were the only ship there that day and we had the island all to ourselves. The beaches were beautiful with white sand. The water was crystal clear and a spectrum of lovely blue hues. It was the perfect setting to our special day in Grand Turk.

When we returned in October 2009 on a Princess Cruise the area was a bit built up since our last visit but the natural beauty was still there. We visited once again recently in July 2010 aboard the Caribbean Princess. The beach was built up a bit more with new palm trees and more sand as well as some new shops.

Providenciales

Liz and I decided to Honeymoon in Provo when we got engaged in November 2008. I should really call it a WeddingMoon or at least that's what the people at the resort said since we got married again on the island and then honeymooned in November 2009.

Provo was the perfect setting for our sunset beach-side ceremony. The water was beautiful and blue and the sky was a blaze of colors. I was dressed in a linen shirt and pants while Liz wore her wedding dress. We were barefoot in the sand as we once again took our vows to love each other for eternity. It was an incredible evening and I couldn't have asked for a more ideal setting in paradise.

After our ceremony we enjoyed a candlelit dinner for two on the beach with some incredible food and champagne. It was a perfect start to our honeymoon....

Since our honeymoon we have returned to our special island of Provo several times to enjoy the island splendor. Our trip in May 2011 was incredible despite a few rainy days.

• In a nutshell:Our Special Islands
  • Last visit to Turks and Caicos Islands: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2011

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Turks and Caicos Islands

Have you been to Turks and Caicos Islands?