"A Lush Tropical Gem in the Caribbean" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia by cjg1

Saint Lucia Travel Guide: 526 reviews and 1,487 photos

An Island Paradise

St. Lucia is a beautiful island in the Caribbean. From the minute I set sight on it from the plane; I loved it. The island is so green; an Emerald set in the deep blues of the sea. The landscapes are so varied from flat beaches, to winding hills and cliffs to the majestic Pitons.

St. Lucia is the kind of island where you can relax and do nothing or be an explorer and do it all. The beautiful beaches are perfect to lounge about and swim. The diverse landscape provides so many types of adventure from snorkeling, climbing the Pitons, exploring the Volcano, swimming in a waterfall, taking a Volcanic Mud Bath, Zip lining, visiting the Botanical gardens, sailing and exploring the many towns. What you do is up to what you want your St. Lucia adventure to be.

Explore this Caribbean Gem

There is so much to see and do on the island:
The Pitons
National Rain Forest
Sulphur Springs
Mt. Gimie
Diamond Falls
Latille Gardens
Fort Rodney
Catctus Valley

There are also great towns to explore such as:
Anse-le-Ray
Canaries
Soufriere
Castries
Gros Islet

My wife and I enjoyed exploring St. Lucia especially during our Son of Man Tour; which I highly recommend.

Birthday Wishes

Our recent visit to St. Lucia was October 2011 to celebrate my wife's Birthday. Every year we celebrate Lizucah (her way of saying her Birthday celebrations) with a trip of her choosing. This year she wanted a relaxing, beach trip that wasn't entailing long flights..so we chose to spend a week of time in St. Lucia. We chose a new property for us; Sandals Regency La Toc.

For this Birthday trip we invited some friends along for the festivities. I was amazed my wife wanted to share her Birthday trip but she decided we should try the travelling with other couples thing. It was an incredible trip. We were able to have pool time fun, relax on the beach, indulge in the spa and explore the island. After a week here it felt like a month....and then we were off to another island Paradise.

• Last visit to Saint Lucia: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 1, 2011

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I'll need to come back and look at all your St. Lucia photos. I spent a day there as part of a cruise and absolutely adored it!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Saint Lucia

Have you been to Saint Lucia?