"A Lush Tropical Gem in the Caribbean" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia by cjg1
Saint Lucia Travel Guide: 536 reviews and 1,525 photos
St. Lucia is a beautiful island in the Caribbean. From the minute I set sight on it from the plane; I loved it. The island is so green; an Emerald set in the deep blues of the sea. The landscapes are so varied from flat beaches, to winding hills and cliffs to the majestic Pitons.
St. Lucia is the kind of island where you can relax and do nothing or be an explorer and do it all. The beautiful beaches are perfect to lounge about and swim. The diverse landscape provides so many types of adventure from snorkeling, climbing the Pitons, exploring the Volcano, swimming in a waterfall, taking a Volcanic Mud Bath, Zip lining, visiting the Botanical gardens, sailing and exploring the many towns. What you do is up to what you want your St. Lucia adventure to be.
There is so much to see and do on the island:
National Rain Forest
There are also great towns to explore such as:
My wife and I enjoyed exploring St. Lucia especially during our Son of Man Tour; which I highly recommend.
Our recent visit to St. Lucia was October 2011 to celebrate my wife's Birthday. Every year we celebrate Lizucah (her way of saying her Birthday celebrations) with a trip of her choosing. This year she wanted a relaxing, beach trip that wasn't entailing long flights..so we chose to spend a week of time in St. Lucia. We chose a new property for us; Sandals Regency La Toc.
For this Birthday trip we invited some friends along for the festivities. I was amazed my wife wanted to share her Birthday trip but she decided we should try the travelling with other couples thing. It was an incredible trip. We were able to have pool time fun, relax on the beach, indulge in the spa and explore the island. After a week here it felt like a month....and then we were off to another island Paradise.
The one thing that turned me off during our stay was the amount of people asking us if we wanted to buy drugs. No matter... more travel advice
There is nothing better than doing "nothing" on vacation and truly relaxing. During our vacation to St. Lucia we were... more travel advice
- See All Packing for a Beach Getaway
- Secluded Little Spots
- See All Bounty Rum
- See All Good Pub Grub
cjg1's Related Pages
Saint Lucia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Lush Tropical Gem in the Caribbean"
- "Saint Lucia, A beautiful island."
- "St Lucia - a true paradise"
- "A magical visit to Saint Lucia"
- "Helen of the West Indies"
- "Simply Beautiful"
- "I love Lucia!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Lucia
- Hotels in Saint Lucia
- Transportation in Saint Lucia
- Nightlife in Saint Lucia
- Restaurants in Saint Lucia
- Shopping in Saint Lucia
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Lucia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Lucia
- 70 Reviews
- 339 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (135)
Have you been to Saint Lucia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Lucia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 214 reviews, 673 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 195 reviews, 659 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 150 reviews, 613 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 367 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues