"Captivating Oahu" Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu by cjg1

Oahu Travel Guide: 4,294 reviews and 10,810 photos

A Wonderful Vacation with my Wife

Many years ago I first visited Oahu and never thought I would love the place....yet I did. My wife and I enjoy visiting this island; always finding something new to see.

How you chose to spend your time on Oahu is up to you. There are so many attractions to see; so you can have a busy time exploring. Sometimes you just want to relax and what a place to do so. With beautiful beaches and resorts it is so easy to just sit back and get lost in time. We have had visits that were busy with days full of exploration as well as our quiet beach days with swimming and lounging on the sand. I have to say I do enjoy those relaxing times.

Our most recent rip in January 2014; we combined some exploration and some relaxation. We had a fun time and even met up with some friends from Maui. I can't wait for our next upcoming trip here.

Oahu is one of those places that combines a city feel with a beach culture somewhat like Sydney. Oahu is known as the gathering place due to all the tourists and visitors to the island as well as the state capitol being Honolulu.

Waikiki, Honolulu, The North Shore, Windward and Leeward are areas of Oahu to explore. There is so much to do and see on this lovely island from, surfing, snorkeling, scuba, swimming, boating, golfing, shopping and of course some great restaurants.

A great thing about Oahu is that you can do as much or as little as you want. There are plenty of beaches to sit back and relax in the beautiful Hawaii weather. Sunset Beach, Waimea Beach, Waikiki Beach, Ala Moana Beach, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach and so many other to choose from on the island. Try surfing, snorkeling or take a leisurely swim.

Enjoy some regional cusine and some tropical drinks after some shopping at some of the many island stores. Get pampered at a spa or see a Polynesian show. See some historical sights such as Pearl Harbor or visit the only royal palace in the US Iolani Palace.

No mater what the plan, the laid back feeling of the islands will sweep away any of the mainland stress....and a Mai Tai helps as well.....

• Pros:A Beach Paradise with My Baby Girl
  • Cons:Expenisive
  • In a nutshell:Playing Pirate in the Pacific...Arrrrgh
  • Last visit to Oahu: Jan 2014
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2014

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

We love Oahu also. We were there in Sept 2013 and July 2014. We are hoping to return again in Jan or Feb 2015. We have also been to Maui. We hope to go to Kauai in Feb 2015 also.

• cjg1's Profile Photo
      Nov 25, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Every island is so different from the next. Oahu is definitely the busier of the islands but I loved the Big Island and Maui as well. Maui is more of a chill island to relax.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Very nice. Did you know the Aloha Tower figured in the opening segment of the original Hawaii Five-O.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2007 at 9:06 AM

What? That's it? And I thought I'm gonna get some great tips from THE KING. You have 2 days to complete it :)

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Chris, Looks like we have chosen a good destination, how many times have you been back and is mid July a good time to visit.

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Oahu