"Captivating Oahu" Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu by cjg1
Oahu Travel Guide: 4,344 reviews and 10,930 photos
Many years ago I first visited Oahu and never thought I would love the place....yet I did. My wife and I enjoy visiting this island; always finding something new to see.
How you chose to spend your time on Oahu is up to you. There are so many attractions to see; so you can have a busy time exploring. Sometimes you just want to relax and what a place to do so. With beautiful beaches and resorts it is so easy to just sit back and get lost in time. We have had visits that were busy with days full of exploration as well as our quiet beach days with swimming and lounging on the sand. I have to say I do enjoy those relaxing times.
Our most recent rip in January 2014; we combined some exploration and some relaxation. We had a fun time and even met up with some friends from Maui. I can't wait for our next upcoming trip here.
Oahu is one of those places that combines a city feel with a beach culture somewhat like Sydney. Oahu is known as the gathering place due to all the tourists and visitors to the island as well as the state capitol being Honolulu.
Waikiki, Honolulu, The North Shore, Windward and Leeward are areas of Oahu to explore. There is so much to do and see on this lovely island from, surfing, snorkeling, scuba, swimming, boating, golfing, shopping and of course some great restaurants.
A great thing about Oahu is that you can do as much or as little as you want. There are plenty of beaches to sit back and relax in the beautiful Hawaii weather. Sunset Beach, Waimea Beach, Waikiki Beach, Ala Moana Beach, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach and so many other to choose from on the island. Try surfing, snorkeling or take a leisurely swim.
Enjoy some regional cusine and some tropical drinks after some shopping at some of the many island stores. Get pampered at a spa or see a Polynesian show. See some historical sights such as Pearl Harbor or visit the only royal palace in the US Iolani Palace.
No mater what the plan, the laid back feeling of the islands will sweep away any of the mainland stress....and a Mai Tai helps as well.....
- Pros:A Beach Paradise with My Baby Girl
- In a nutshell:Playing Pirate in the Pacific...Arrrrgh
This was our first stay at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki. As we planned our trip we debated several hotel options; some new... more travel advice
- See All Territorial Surfers
- See All Water Camera
- See All Snacks
- See All Admirals Club Honolulu International...
- See All Submarine Memorial
cjg1's Related Pages
Oahu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
- "Captivating Oahu"
- "Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
- "Heaven on Earth"
- "Oahu--Exquisite beaches and Ethereal landscape"
- "The Gathering Place..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oahu
- Hotels in Oahu
- Transportation in Oahu
- Nightlife in Oahu
- Restaurants in Oahu
- Shopping in Oahu
- Warnings and Dangers in Oahu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oahu
- 193 Reviews
- 647 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (131)
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oahu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 351 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 191 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 186 reviews, 518 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 151 reviews, 535 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 186 reviews, 366 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues