"Exit to Eden" Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé by cjg1

Mahé Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 768 photos

Finally Here.......................

The Seychelles had always been on my places to visit list and finally I made it to this beautiful place. My wife and I decided to visit for my Birthday week in February 2011. We picked the Hilton Northolme Resort as our hotel; the location was beautiful and the stay was free (we had seven certs to use from a previous Hilton promotion).

I couldn't have chosen a more beautiful and serene place to spend my vacation with my wife. The natural beauty of the place was awe inspiring; I was actually at a loss for words. From the high green cliffs to the crystal blue waters; everything was paradise to see. This was one of those memorable trips that has blown any previous trips out of the water.

The best thing about Mahe is that you can do as much or as little as you want. There is so much to do on the beach or in the water: snorkel, scuba, sailing, swimming or just lounging on the beach with a drink.There are some beautiful spots on the island especially Beau Vallon Beach; on of the most popular stretches of beach on the island.

My wife and I enjoyed our walks on the beach. Each stretch of sand had something differnt; sand color, rock formations, waves and water color. During our walks we found some beautiful shells as well as interesting granite rock clusters.

Swimming was wonderful. The water was crystal clear and warm. We spent hours at the beach reveling in this natural beauty.

Mahe is more than just the beach. The town of Victoria is a fun place to shop, dine and explore. Check out Little Ben, The History Museum, The Anglican Church or The Temple. Explore the Botanical Gardens for some unique and interesting plants and trees. Tour the Tea Plantation and sample some of the delicious locally grown Citronelle Tea.

Mahe has some tasty food especially Creole. Don't be afraid to ask the locals where and what to eat; they won't steer you wrong. During our viist we met some of the friendliest and helpful people; even the cab drivers were incredibly nice.

• Last visit to Mahé: Feb 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2011

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Mahé