"Exit to Eden" Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé by cjg1
Mahé Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 768 photos
The Seychelles had always been on my places to visit list and finally I made it to this beautiful place. My wife and I decided to visit for my Birthday week in February 2011. We picked the Hilton Northolme Resort as our hotel; the location was beautiful and the stay was free (we had seven certs to use from a previous Hilton promotion).
I couldn't have chosen a more beautiful and serene place to spend my vacation with my wife. The natural beauty of the place was awe inspiring; I was actually at a loss for words. From the high green cliffs to the crystal blue waters; everything was paradise to see. This was one of those memorable trips that has blown any previous trips out of the water.
The best thing about Mahe is that you can do as much or as little as you want. There is so much to do on the beach or in the water: snorkel, scuba, sailing, swimming or just lounging on the beach with a drink.There are some beautiful spots on the island especially Beau Vallon Beach; on of the most popular stretches of beach on the island.
My wife and I enjoyed our walks on the beach. Each stretch of sand had something differnt; sand color, rock formations, waves and water color. During our walks we found some beautiful shells as well as interesting granite rock clusters.
Swimming was wonderful. The water was crystal clear and warm. We spent hours at the beach reveling in this natural beauty.
Mahe is more than just the beach. The town of Victoria is a fun place to shop, dine and explore. Check out Little Ben, The History Museum, The Anglican Church or The Temple. Explore the Botanical Gardens for some unique and interesting plants and trees. Tour the Tea Plantation and sample some of the delicious locally grown Citronelle Tea.
Mahe has some tasty food especially Creole. Don't be afraid to ask the locals where and what to eat; they won't steer you wrong. During our viist we met some of the friendliest and helpful people; even the cab drivers were incredibly nice.
Wearing a hat is essential if you are light skinned and prone to burning. I know my face, head and ears have been... more travel advice
My wife and I packed comfortable walking shoes as well as beach appropriate foot wear. I brought both sneakers for... more travel advice
- See All Grocery Shopping
- See All Budget Accomodations on Beau Vallon...
- See All ATM's
- See All Fiji Fan Palm
cjg1's Related Pages
Mahé Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Exit to Eden"
- "Mah? : a jewel in the ocean"
- "The main island of the Seychelles"
- "Island of surprises"
- "Mahe - Jewel of the Seychelles"
- "Underrated by most"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mahé
- Hotels in Mahé
- Transportation in Mahé
- Nightlife in Mahé
- Restaurants in Mahé
- Shopping in Mahé
- Warnings and Dangers in Mahé
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mahé
- 86 Reviews
- 394 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Mahé?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mahé
Photos in MahéSee All Photos (394)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 111 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues