"A Quaint Town on the Great Ocean Road" Top 5 Page for this destination Apollo Bay by cjg1

Apollo Bay Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 131 photos

Apollo Bay was one of the many towns we had the pleasure of visiting during our Great Ocean Road Adventure. Apollo Bay is on the eatern side of Cape Otway on the edge of the Barnham River.

I have to say I loved the small town feel here. It definitely wasn't as touristy as some other spots along the GOR; which I appreciated. We enjoyed our night's accomodation which gave us the sound of waves to lull us to sleep (the beach was right across the street). The nice shops and restaurants along the main drag were very nice with affordable prices and friendly staff. It really was a pleasure staying here.

Driving the road to and from Apollo Bay allowed us some very pictureque scenery from tranquil bay waters to a more pounding surf. It was a pleasure to drive and see the ever changing landscape go by.

• Last visit to Apollo Bay: Nov 2012
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2013

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Apollo Bay is one of my favorites on the GOR! I was pleasantly surprised to read that it still isn't over-run with tourists and retains some atmosphere, that is nice. Your Motel and the Hotel meal sound and look excellent. Great photo's too!

• cjg1's Profile Photo
      Sep 19, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Thanks! We really love the quiet small town vibe of the place. Everyone was so friendly and nice. We didn't see any "touristy" types at all. It was a great place to stay and wished we stayed longer.

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Apollo Bay

Have you been to Apollo Bay?

Latest Activity in Apollo Bay