"Blue Mountains Adventure" Top 5 Page for this destination Blue Mountains National Park by cjg1
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 1,062 photos
One thing that I have always wanted to do but never had the chance during my many visits to Australia was to see the Blue Mountains. Since this was my Birthday trip my wife arranged for us to take a tour of the Blue Mountains. The tour wasn't the cheesy variety that I was fearing. Our motor-coach driver was also our tour guide; John. John specializes in the Blue Mountains and has been coming to them since he was a child.
The tour took us to various town s in the Mountains as well as the Blue Mountains Park. The day was a bit chilly with off and on rain but we still managed to see all the beautiful mountain sights such as the Three Sisters and Katoomba Falls.
It was a fun experience and a wonderful adventure with my wife. I was very happy she planned this trip to the Blue Mountains.
According to our tour guide John the Aboriginals have a dream time legend of three sisters: Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo. The sisters lived in the Jamison Valley as members of the Katoomba tribe.
These beautiful young ladies had fallen in love with three brothers from the Nepean tribe, yet tribal law forbade them to marry.
The brothers were not happy to accept this law and so decided to use force to capture the three sisters causing a major tribal battle.
As the lives of the three sisters were seriously in danger, a witchdoctor from the Katoomba tribe took it upon himself to turn the three sisters into stone to protect them from any harm. While he had intended to reverse the spell when the battle was over, the witchdoctor himself was killed. As only he could reverse the spell to return the ladies to their former beauty, the sisters remain in their magnificent rock formation as a reminder of this battle for generations to come.
If you love natural beauty and the outdoors; the Blue Mountains is the place to visit. Beautiful mountains, waterfalls, hiking, fishing and camping are just some of the attractions. The Mountain air is refreshing and the people of the area are welcoming. The small towns of the area are very quaint and remind me of the towns I lived near when I was growing up in Upstate New York.
During our visit to the Blue Mountains we observed many birds in the area. Most were brightly colored in red, green and... more travel advice
Just a few minutes into the Scenic Walk we came upon the Coal Mine Exhibition. There is an audio visual display located... more travel advice
cjg1's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 349 reviews, 1409 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 142 reviews, 486 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 356 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 132 reviews, 375 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 101 reviews, 342 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues