"Manly" Top 5 Page for this destination Manly by cjg1

Manly Travel Guide: 239 reviews and 556 photos

Manly to me is a must see when visiting Sydney. I love the ferry ride from Circular Quay; it is wonderful seeing the sights from the water.

Manly has that beach town feel with a long Corso full of shopping and food options. The place is always hopping with surfers, beach goers, families, tourists and even the older set enjoying a walk. The buzz of activity makes Manly the perfect place to people watch from the beach, a park bench or an outdoor cafe.

Every trip I have taken to Sydney has brought a visit or several to Manly. I must admit I do love taking a ferry anywhere but Manly is my favorite ferry ride.

I first brought my wife here in during our 2007 trip (before she was my wife). She loved the beach and the Corso. She said it reminded her of a smaller version of Nice.

Our most recent trips in 2012 brought us to Manly several times; for shopping, for the beach and for lunch. The weather was beautiful; although a bit too chilly for my liking but we had a wonderful time here.

• Last visit to Manly: Dec 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 24, 2012

• Apr 28, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Are we heading here too when we go?

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 3:57 PM

The ferry sure is the way to go if you have the time to spare to relaxe & enjoy the ride & the sights. I lived in Manly & worked in the city in a past life & really loved passing the gap between Nth & Sth Heads when a big swell was running.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 3:50 AM

sorry you could not remember the name... all the restaurants are wonderful though!

• skye820's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2004 at 3:15 PM

Beautiful views indeed....

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Manly