"Taronga Park" Mosman by cjg1

Mosman Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 60 photos

I have decided to move my zoo pics over here to keep the Sydney page less cluttered and also because of the rule limiting the number of travelogues per page.

I have been here three times now. June 2004, March 2006 and October 2007. I must say the first time was the best and the second resoundingly the worse. The second visit there was nearly half the animals not available. Luckily we paid nothing for that visit so it wasnt so bad. My third trip to Taronga was the best ever. It was Liz's bithday and we had perfect weather for exploring the zoo.

Humans are Friends Not Food

During ou Koala experience at Taronga one of the Koalas wanted a closer encounter with Liz. To put it mildly it wanted climb onto her head and eat her hair. Thankfully trainer moved our koala friend before he decided to make Liz into breakfast. They said it was probably her shampoo that attracted the bear. Later on we dicovered that Liz's shampoo contained Australian Aloe(maybe that was the trigger).

I was happy to have visited Taronga with Liz on her birthday. She was so looking forward to seeing the Koalas. She calls them Fuzz Balls affectionately.

Funny Animals

During our visit to Taronga we encounted many animals but one of our favorite were the Meerkats. They were so funny scurrying around their habitat, fighting, climbing and posturing for us silly humans.

• Last visit to Mosman: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2009

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2010 at 3:23 AM

Quite the zoo. Great pictures. You got closer to the croc then I would...even with a zoom lens. Thanks for sharing.

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Mosman