"What do you do with your weekend?" Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney by cjg1
Sydney Travel Guide: 5,783 reviews and 13,495 photos
I’ve been sitting here wondering just how it is I want to describe Sydney. I feel at home here. It seems strange as I’ve only visited seven times now. But ever since arriving alone that first Saturday in June 2004 I have had a level of comfort with this city that I rarely experience elsewhere. Part of this is to do with the wonderful people I’ve met here. Part with the familiarity, coming back so many times; has made Sydney feel like home.
So much about this city appeals to me. I feel like I know it. Or at least good parts of it. The weather is always great. I have been in the fall and also the winter and it’s been great. In spring time it was fantastic. I like that I can recognize the changes over this time period. Stores that have closed. Hotels that have opened.
I love the lifestyle here so laid back and free. Just like they say "No worries". How could you worry in this place. the beautiful beaches, the Harbour, the ferries, the food, the bars, the sights...everything is magnificent. The pub culture is very appealing with a relaxed atmosphere where eventually everyone knows your name..... I love it here."
The people though. This is where the real charm is: Laura, Doug, Helen and Jackie. You have all made my trips here so wonderful.
During 2010 we visited Sydney twice; in February/March and then in November. Our fist visit was two weeks to celebrate my Birthday. We had wonderful adventure seeing new sights and experiencing new restaurants. We also revisited some old favorites and had good time with friends. We met some "Shire" folk, discovered new beaches, traveled to the Blue Mountains, kicked butt at Pub Trivia, Experienced Chinese New Year and Mardi Gras, Survived a Tsunami Warning, survived the Emus, Fed Kangaroos, visited new neighborhoods, tasted fabulous wines and met some great people. It was an incredible trip with my wife and a Birthday I will never forget. Our November trip was to celebrate Thanksgiving and a special Anniversary. We explored some new neighborhoods, discovered new pubs and resturants while enjoying some incredible weather. As always we made time to see some good friends.
We recently visited Sydney in February 2012 again for my birthday and in November 2012. Another set of incredible trips with some new adventures such as the NSW wine festival in Hyde Park and an Australia vs. Indian cricket match.
- Pros:Feels like home.
- Cons:So far from home.
- In a nutshell:See you next year!
Liz and I decided we wanted to do the Coastal Walk from Bondi to Coogee. We both love the ocean and heard the views... more travel advice
Having some fun in the Shire... It all began with a train voyage that transported us into the place that is "The Shire".... more travel advice
- See All The Pastry Master
- See All The Sydney Cove Map
- See All Hard Rock Cafe
- See All Don't Feed the Birds!
- See All Great Book Selection
cjg1's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 350 Reviews
- 1,405 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
- Wrote a Review Coastal Walk from Bondi to Coogee about Scenic Walks in Sydney Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Coastal Walk from Bondi to Coogee"
- Commented on one of cjg1's Sydney travel pages
- updated a Sydney Travel Page "What do you do with your weekend?"
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
- Uploaded a Video to Sydney
Photos in SydneySee All Photos (1405)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 110 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues