"What a wonderful day!" Watsons Bay by cjg1

Watsons Bay Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 162 photos

My most recent trip to Watsons Bay was in 2012. Every trip to Sydney I journey to Watsons Bay for some incredible food and breath takingviews.

I love to hop on a ferry out of Circular Quay destined for Watsons Bay. The ride is wonderful with so much to see along the way. Once we get off the ferry we like to have lunch and the Watsons Bay Hotel always has a good meal and a cold beer with our names on it.

Walking around Watsons Bay is always a delight with incredible water views and nature walks.

Hold On...*

Liz is no fan of heights but always manages well; she has me to hold on to. We both love the ocean and there are some spectacular view to be found here. It really is an amazing place to spend the day.

Watsons Bay has often been a place to met up with fellow VTers. Almost every trip to Watsons Bay involved meeting up with some vters for drinks, a meal and a walk around Watsons Bay.

In October 2007 we visited twice during our stay in Sydney. A favorite was having lunch with Helen (Hailun) and Dennis(cavite cowboy). We met up in Circular Quay and hopped a ferry to Watsons Bay. We then walked around and taking in the views of the Gap. It was a fun day with some really good people. Thank you for making it such a wonderful day!

• In a nutshell:Feels Like the Edge of the World....
  • Last visit to Watsons Bay: Nov 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2012

• absentee's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2010 at 11:25 AM

mm...))

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Looks like a great place to go for walks, fantastic scenery and VT meetings. And the ferry sounds like the ideal way to get there.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Good tips on a nice area of Sydney.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Nice pic of THE GAP --- if one falls there, it does not look like he'll survive! Beautiful but scary...sounds like my first girlfriend, hehehe

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2004 at 4:32 PM

Ooooo, an Australian postcard with cjg1 spit under the stamp arrived in my mailbox today. Yay! Thanks!

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2004 at 1:38 PM

Yup. About 200 or so. But only about 14 are from the day at Watsons Bay

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2004 at 5:27 AM

These photos really highlight what a superb winter's day it was. Also that main photo highlights what I call my Sydney page - city of water & trees. now all we need is some text Chris.

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Watsons Bay

Have you been to Watsons Bay?

Latest Activity in Watsons Bay