"Our Special Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Turk by cjg1

Grand Turk Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 388 photos

Paradise and Love

On Thanksgiving, November 27th I proposed to Liz on Grand Turk Island. The setting was beautiful: clear skies, beautiful beach and crystal clear waters. She accepted and I am over the moon happy. I couldn't have picked a more perfect place for such a wonderful event. Since then this has become our Special Island.

We recently returned to Grand Turk during our July 2010 cruise to find a few changes but the same Island we so loved from our first visit in 2008.

A New Destination

Our first time to Grand Turk was during a Royal Caribbean cruise. It was the first time that the RC Line had been to Grand Turk. The dock was relatively new and so was the beach buildings. We were the only ship there that day and we had the island all to ourselves. The beaches were beautiful with white sand. The water was crystal clear and a spectrum of lovely blue hues. It was the perfect setting to our special day in Grand Turk.

When we returned in October 2009 on a Princess Cruise the area was a bit built up since our last visit but the natural beauty was still there. We visited once again recently in July 2010 aboard the Caribbean Princess. The beach was built up a bit more with new palm trees and more sand as well as some new shops.

My Hand is going to fall off....

To put it mildly I showed just about everyone who walked past us Liz's engagement ring. From the waiters to the bartender to the towel guy. I was so excited I had to tell everyone....Liz thought her hand was going to fall off from me pulling it up to show people.

We had to wait until later that night to call our parents since we were not getting a cell signal. We managed to pass the time with some celebratory champagne.

• Pros:Our little island Paradise
  • In a nutshell:The perfect setting for a proposal to the perfect woman....
  • Last visit to Grand Turk: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2010

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Grand Turk

Have you been to Grand Turk?

Latest Activity in Grand Turk