"Our Island Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island by cjg1

Providenciales Island Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 656 photos

Liz and I decided to Honeymoon in Provo when we got engaged in November 2008. I should really call it a WeddingMoon or at least that's what the people at the resort said since we got married again on the island and then honeymooned in November 2009.

Provo was the perfect setting for our sunset beach-side ceremony. The water was beautiful and blue and the sky was a blaze of colors. I was dressed in a linen shirt and pants while Liz wore her wedding dress. We were barefoot in the sand as we once again took our vows to love each other for eternity. It was an incredible evening and I couldn't have asked for a more ideal setting in paradise.

After our ceremony we enjoyed a candlelit dinner for two on the beach with some incredible food and champagne. It was a perfect start to our honeymoon....

Since our honeymoon we have returned to our special island of Provo several times to enjoy the island splendor. Our most recent trip in May 2011 was incredible despite a few rainy days.

Provo is a great destination for beach and water-sports enthusiasts. The beaches here are pristine and beautiful. The water is crystal clear and very clean. Boating, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba are perfect activities on Provo; the surf isn't rough and the winds are perfect for sailing.

There are many resorts on Provo whether you are single, a couple or traveling with family. Grace Bay is littered with resorts that range from affordable to luxury; any one can find one to match their budget.
So if romance is the agenda or a fun family vacation; Provo has it all.

Provo is a magic for us. It was the perfect setting for our honeymoon and continues to be incredible. I enjoy that I am able to do nothing or everything on a daily basis. Swimming in the water with my wife is always a for me. I loved holding her in the water and swinging her around to her delight. I enjoyed lounging at the beach or pool and sipping tropical drinks. We loved the water-sports especially the Hobie Kat and the snorkeling. The pools at the resorts were great and a perfect escape if the beach became too hot.

We loved exploring the island and walking the beach. We hopped around to other resorts to sample some of their restaurants and bars...it made for some interesting exploration. Our nights were filled with wonderful sunset walks, shows, delicious dinners and nightly visits to one of the many jacuzzis at the resort.

My favorite night of allof our trips was the night of the full moon. We had walked down the length of Grace Bay Beach to watch the sunset at the Infinity Bar. We watched the sunset and the beautiful full moon rise high in the sky. Our walk back to our resort was incredible with the moon shining down brightly on us. The moon was so bright we cast shadows in the sand as we walked. It was incredibly romantic and I thought we might never make it back to the resort...we were stopping so frequently;)

• In a nutshell:The Best Time of My Life
  • Last visit to Providenciales Island: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2011

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Hi, Chris! You've had wonderful experience! Good for you! The page is excelent and gives me the idea of how nice it is there!

• a5floor's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Hi Chris, congratulations to the wedding! The pictures are really nice. :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Oh WoW!!... Pick my jaw up from the ground!! Chris.... I am stunned!! Your wedding pix are the best I've seen!! ....thanks to PJ... I would never have known about this page!! All the best to you both..... hugs, Ann xx

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Great wedding and honeymoon photos - looks like a wonderful place! Congratulations! Gillybob greetings

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Congratulations to the two of you. Hope to meet you somewhere in the future! PJ

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon....everything was perfect......including my husband ;)

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Badges & Stats in Providenciales Island

Have you been to Providenciales Island?

Photos in Providenciales Island