"Our Island Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island by cjg1
Providenciales Island Travel Guide: 160 reviews and 656 photos
Liz and I decided to Honeymoon in Provo when we got engaged in November 2008. I should really call it a WeddingMoon or at least that's what the people at the resort said since we got married again on the island and then honeymooned in November 2009.
Provo was the perfect setting for our sunset beach-side ceremony. The water was beautiful and blue and the sky was a blaze of colors. I was dressed in a linen shirt and pants while Liz wore her wedding dress. We were barefoot in the sand as we once again took our vows to love each other for eternity. It was an incredible evening and I couldn't have asked for a more ideal setting in paradise.
After our ceremony we enjoyed a candlelit dinner for two on the beach with some incredible food and champagne. It was a perfect start to our honeymoon....
Since our honeymoon we have returned to our special island of Provo several times to enjoy the island splendor. Our most recent trip in May 2011 was incredible despite a few rainy days.
Provo is a great destination for beach and water-sports enthusiasts. The beaches here are pristine and beautiful. The water is crystal clear and very clean. Boating, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba are perfect activities on Provo; the surf isn't rough and the winds are perfect for sailing.
There are many resorts on Provo whether you are single, a couple or traveling with family. Grace Bay is littered with resorts that range from affordable to luxury; any one can find one to match their budget.
So if romance is the agenda or a fun family vacation; Provo has it all.
Provo is a magic for us. It was the perfect setting for our honeymoon and continues to be incredible. I enjoy that I am able to do nothing or everything on a daily basis. Swimming in the water with my wife is always a for me. I loved holding her in the water and swinging her around to her delight. I enjoyed lounging at the beach or pool and sipping tropical drinks. We loved the water-sports especially the Hobie Kat and the snorkeling. The pools at the resorts were great and a perfect escape if the beach became too hot.
We loved exploring the island and walking the beach. We hopped around to other resorts to sample some of their restaurants and bars...it made for some interesting exploration. Our nights were filled with wonderful sunset walks, shows, delicious dinners and nightly visits to one of the many jacuzzis at the resort.
My favorite night of allof our trips was the night of the full moon. We had walked down the length of Grace Bay Beach to watch the sunset at the Infinity Bar. We watched the sunset and the beautiful full moon rise high in the sky. Our walk back to our resort was incredible with the moon shining down brightly on us. The moon was so bright we cast shadows in the sand as we walked. It was incredibly romantic and I thought we might never make it back to the resort...we were stopping so frequently;)
- In a nutshell:The Best Time of My Life
Beaches is an all-inclusive resort right on Grace Bay. My wife and I love this resort and have stayed here three times... more travel advice
Staying at Beaches meant we might encounter a Sesame Street Character or two. During our stays we saw Big Bird, Elmo,... more travel advice
- See All Hurricane Season
- See All Romantic Beachside Dinner
- See All Visit the Island of Iguanas (Little...
- See All Relaxing by the Beautiful Beach
cjg1's Related Pages
Providenciales Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Island Paradise"
- "A Special Island in My Heart"
- "Island Adventures Diving"
- "Moby Dick Jr"
- "Provo - the best beaches in the world"
- "Beautiful Grace Bay Beach"
- "Perfect Caribbean Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providenciales Island
- Hotels in Providenciales Island
- Transportation in Providenciales Island
- Nightlife in Providenciales Island
- Restaurants in Providenciales Island
- Shopping in Providenciales Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Providenciales Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providenciales Island
- 99 Reviews
- 461 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Providenciales Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providenciales Island
- Posted in Travel Caribbean and Central America Forum "Re: Caribbean Cruises Questions"
- Wrote a Review Hurricane Season in Providenciales Island Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Take a Dip in the Caribbean Pools"
- updated a Providenciales Island Travel Page "Our Island Paradise"
- Commented on one of LadyRVG's Providenciales Island travel pages
Photos in Providenciales IslandSee All Photos (461)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sydney Intro, 350 reviews, 1414 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 180 reviews, 628 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Newport Intro, 143 reviews, 502 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Lauderdale Intro, 112 reviews, 474 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providenciales Island Intro, 99 reviews, 461 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York City Intro, 185 reviews, 364 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mahé Intro, 86 reviews, 397 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 105 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 87 reviews, 355 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 70 reviews, 339 photos, 3 travelogues